Joyful Tears (Chapter Seven)

Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles

12:31 PM

Fresh tears fell from his eyes. Aubrey didn't know what to do. He was still frozen in shock.

Whether or not he should hug her, kiss her he didn't know until Adrianne spoke again.

Her eyes opened but immediately she regretted it because of the intense glare from the light. Her head swayed back and forth, she groaned from the pain that was now evident to her.

Seeing her do that made him smile that was shortly followed by a scoff. He couldn't believe it. After such a long time waiting for his prayers to be answered 

Her tongue licked her lips as she groaned in pain some more. It was beginning to hurt badly, being in a coma for so long they didn't need to give her any pain killers because it wasn't needed at the time but now she did.

Memories started flooding back to her as she opened her eyes slowly adjusting them to the light. Her eyes scanned her surroundings taking them in. 

They then landed on the man that she felt like she hadn't seen in ages. Tears pooled in her eyes seeing him after all this time.

Her mother watched from the other side of the room as the reunion she'd been waiting for was finally happening.

"Aubrey!" She breathed out causing him to defrost.

"Yeah baby it's me, I'm right here!" He quickly wiped his face but that didn't stop the tears from falling.

"I missed you mama, so much!" He managed to get out feeling the huge lump in his throat. Aubrey was trying his hardest not to bust out in tears from the joy and relief he was feeling.

"Baby- come here" That word warmed her heart. He didn't need to be told twice.

Rising up from his spot in the chair he called his bed for months he laid his body down on top of hers. The pain didn't matter to her at that moment. She used both her hands and embraced him into a weak hug as she didn't have all her energy back just yet.

Aubrey made note not to put any pressure on the part that she had surgery to remove the bullet at. Tears trickled down Adrianne's face hearing her lover cry into her chest.

Aubrey had never been the one to cry like that but he couldn't hold it in. The love of his life had awoken. God brought her back to him. He couldn't be more grateful.

In that moment he couldn't help but to thank him for answering his prayer yet again. 

"Baby, look at me" She whispered but Aubrey still heard her. He did as told and pulled back looking at her.

She raised her hands up to his face and used her thumbs to wipe his tears. "You don't have to cry anymore Aubrey, I'm here. I'm not going to leave you again" Sighing he placed his forehead on hers. Adrianne placed her hands on his arm as they enjoyed their first intimate moment together in a long time.

"Where are they?" She asked wincing in pain causing Aubrey to let up a bit.

"I'm going to call the family in a-"

"Our babies. Where are my babies, are they okay?" Asked Adrianne. Although her memory was a little jumbled as the minutes went by some things became clearer to her.  

The very last thing she could remember was that she was hurt by someone. Someone in her circle, Adonis and Promise were there causing her eyes to widen and she became frightened.

"Please tell me there okay Aubrey" She squeezed him arm as more tears fell from her eyes.

Aubrey saw how afraid she was and let her know that they were fine.