New Year, Same Old Ways (Chapter Twelve)

Bordeaux, France

6:00 AM

Sophie had spent the first day of the new year alone in her place of birth. It was a breath of fresh air following the scents that have turned her and the circumstances lives upside down.

She felt great to be back home in familiar surroundings with people she knew loved her and whom she loved back.

Her unhealthy addiction towards wanting someone seemed to grow with every thought she had about him and everything that he was giving to her.

In the years prior, she would've spent it with her family.

Despite them not being together. Aubrey made an effort to do family related things for their son's sake. But now that Aubrey had a family of his own, it made Sophie feel like he'd forgotten about what used to be. And that-that hurt her to the core.

For Aubrey, he reeled in the new year alongside his lover, the woman he felt himself needing the most these past few years wrapped up in eachothers embrace.

Aubrey hadn't needed any woman besides his mother, the way he found himself needing Adrianne.

It was a necessity of his to feel her presence around him wherever he went or was at that moment. He longed to feel her soft touch and see her beautiful face.

Overall, she was an requirement.

Their intimacy levels were cut short tonight. They both were happy that they were able to make love again, but Aubrey didn't want to risk it too much as she was so close to being fully recovered.

He was taking his time with her. He made love to her like never before. It felt like never before, and that's what Adrianne and Aubrey loved about it.

The following day was the first of the year, and Aubrey and Adrianne spent it exploring the island.

Sophie, on the other hand, couldn't get the images of what they were probably doing out of her mind.

She sat around all day stressing. Like someone who suffered from ADHD she was tissic.

One minute, she was pacing back and forth. The next, she was going out of her mind, trying to think of ways to destroy Adrianne and get her family back.

But everything she thought of was way too out of the box. Aubrey hadn't forgiven her for the damage she'd already done far less for what she was thinking about doing.

"Maybe it's time that you give up, Sophie. There's still time for you to change and become a better mother to Adonis, " the angel on her shoulder encouraged.

But where there was good advice there were also bad ones.

"Don't listen to Sophie. The only way to get Aubrey back is to remove Adrianne from his life. Permanently!" With an emphasis on the last word, Sophie couldn't decide what she should do.

She missed her son dearly, but she also missed Aubrey. He was her one true love.
________

Bridle Path, Toronto

9:30 PM

"I don't want to hurt you mama,'' Aubrey whispered to Adrianne as they stood facing each other.

Nightfall was upon them. Dinner for the couple was a sensual one. Aubrey was fascinated with his fiance more than ever. He was seeing her in a different light now.

The shooting had totally transformed Adrianne into this new person. She had this new aura around her that Aubrey noticed, even her smile brighter.

I guess you could say she was a reincarnation of her mother. A beautiful angel.

After not having sex in months, the night prior was hard for them not to devour each other completely.

Aubrey didn't want to hurt her in any way despite her doctor clearing her for sexual activities.

Her fingertips brazed his skin, causing him to feel calm in her presence. "Baby, stop. I know that you would never intentionally hurt me. I want you. " Her eyes searched his.

Pulling her closer gently, his hands found her face and brought it in for a kiss. Their lips smashed against each other.

The following events that took place left them wanting more and more of each other.

Aubrey catered to her every need, and she did his. He ate and licked every crevice of her body. He filled her up from the side, and with her legs propped up onto his shoulders, he dug deep and had her screaming out into the stillness of their room.

"Baby, fuck!" He stared deep into her eyes as he took her soul. She longed for this type of intimacy from her man for so long.

"I love you mama" He said against her lips before kissing them.

"I love you too daddy" Adrianne moaned into the kiss.
___________