Patience Is A Virtue (Chapter Nine)

Benedict Cannon, Los Angeles

4:36 PM

"You're just going to leave her be, after all she's still the mother of Adonis!" Adrianne warned her sister.

After all Adrianne was always the understanding one of the three but sometimes Kenya feared that her sister was a bit too understanding and soft when it came to people. In a good way though. It was all a part of her character.

It had been two weeks since she was discharged from the hospital and brought home to start her recovery process.

Things had pretty much gone back to how it was previous to the incident. Adrianne's father had stayed the first week to help take care of her but flew back to New York due to his business.

Kenya nor Troy had left their sister's side since and of course Aubrey even though he'd resumed working did his best to put Adrianne and his family before that.

Though it was all hands on deck because of his album drop coming up soon with his good friend 21 savage.

Adrianne was more than proud of her man for executing a body of work such as this one knowing the trying time for their family.

Everyone pitched in where they could give Aubrey more time to work. But knowing Aubrey as much as they did they knew he felt guilty for leaving her during this time because he wanted to be the one to nurse her back to health. 

"Oh come on! Look Adrianne I love you but that girl almost took you away from us, from your daughter and your son because let's face it Sophie will never be the mother that you have been to Adonis. Aubrey, Miss Sandi i apologize for saying that but it had to be said" Kenya was unapologetic to the fullest with what she said.

The conversation about what she had done to Sophie was brought up again and this time Adrianne advised her sister to stay away from the lunatic.

It was like the words just went in one ear and went out the next because she wasn't listening. 

"Can you help me put her down please?" Since she got home, Promise had only wanted to be held by her mother and nobody else.

Not too long ago they tried putting her down but it didn't work. The infant wasn't having it.  

"Of course!" Now that she was fast asleep her aunt took the chance to separate her from the mother so that she could rest her down into the bassinet that was beside their bed.

"Kenny, I know that you're upset. You're upset with Sophie, but I feel like you're even more angry at Aubrey which I also get-" Kenya sat beside her sister with her hand propping her body up on the bed.

Kenya couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sound of his name. He was always a brother to her and when he and Adrianne were going through their issues she rode for them the hardest out of everyone.

"Sis, you need to just let it go. You're more angry than me and trust me i've felt that way among all the emotions that I've felt since. But Aubrey had no control over what Sophie was planning. He could've talked to her a million times and one time she still would've shot me. I'm just lucky that she didn't kill me because not being able to see you guys again, Adonis and Promise grow up i-i" Her voice cracked causing Kenya to stop her.

There were evident tears in both of their eyes.

"Don't talk like that Adrianne, God knows how much I prayed for you. How much everyone prayed for you because God knows if you didn't make it I would've killed both Sophie and that nigga you love so much!" The way she talked with attitude and sarcasm caused both sisters to chuckle.