5. Don't Take Him

Billy hated the way Eddie Munson eyed Steve. He hated the look of lust dancing in his eyes, as he listened carefully to what Steve had to say. Swallowing every word as if it were water and he was deserted in a desert. Billy saw Eddie's lips twitch with longing to connect with Steve's.

Billy and Steve's relationship hasn't been the best lately, Billy has gotten clingy and he wanted Steve all for himself. He got jealous of Eddie very easily when Steve began to stay at Eddie's trailer. He claimed they were just hanging out and Eddie got lonely at night.

"Oh yeah? Lonely in bed?" Was what Billy snapped back with. They haven't been the same since. Steve would sleep, back towards Billy, not paying him any mind when he would try to hug or kiss him. Billy missed the soft moans, the sweet kisses, and the gentle snuggles Steve offered to him.

After Steve stepped away from Eddie to talk to some of his other friends, Billy walked over to the little metalhead. "Hey, Eddie, I want to talk to you about something," Billy said. "Of course, what is it?" Eddie asked. "Just... Mine and Steve's relationship has been rocky lately and I just want to ask you to not take him away from me. I know you want him, I can see it in your eyes, but I don't want you to take him from me. Steve is the only one I have left, I need him," Billy said. "Billy, I like Steve. I like him a lot don't get me wrong. But he's not mine, he's yours. His heart is devoted to you, it's always Billy this, Billy that. And I know he loves you from the way he talks about you. Even if you were to break up no boy could make Eddie as happy as you make him, especially someone like me. I'll completely fuck him up compared to how happy you make him, trust me. He belongs to you!" Eddie said. "Thanks, Eddie. I appreciate it," Billy said.

That night Steve was tucked under the covers holding a book in his hand, he looked at Billy though expectant eyes when the boy climbed into bed next to him. But Billy turned on his side attempting to get some sleep. Steve sighed and sniffled, he couldn't help the tears from filling his eyes. Billy sat up. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing, it's stupid," Steve said. "Just go to sleep, dear." "Tell me what's wrong first," Billy said. "Well, I just... I want you to read to me again, you haven't been and I can't sleep without it!" Steve said handing Billy the book. Billy chuckled and opened the book allowing Steve to cuddle next to him.

The words fell out of Billy's mouth like smooth tea falling into a porcelain cup. Steve loved his voice, he could fall asleep to the boy reading out the poems on the pages that Steve adored. He fell asleep to the soft voice of Billy reading out the beautiful poems.

Just gonna spit some of my favorite poems of love here.

Love and lust are poles apart
Lust is chaos, love is art.

I didn't fall in love with you
I walked into love with you
With my eyes wide open
Every step along the way
I do believe in fate and destiny
But I also believe
We are only fated
To do the things
That we'd chose anyway
And I'd chose you
In a hundred lifetimes
In a hundred worlds
In any version of reality
I'd find you
And I'd chose you