little mundo [longer version]

Hello! Author here, the one that I published was a shorter version, making the story vague and full of mysteries. Here is the full version and I do hope you enjoy reading it! I suggest reading the story with the song attatched to get the feels. Enjoy!

"Can you tell me yours and daddy's story?"

Ray turned to the sweet innocent 4-year-old child in front of her who was munching on the burger they bought from Burger Shot. They were chilling at the beach; sitting on the trunk of her car.

"Again? Sweetie, I've already told you that story a thousand times." She said as she cleared the sauce from the child's mouth.

"But I love hearing how you met!" She whined. "Please? Pretty please?"

Ray looks at her. She had his eyes which didn't help at all. She avoids her gaze and sighed before looking at her back. "Fine." She bit her lip as she folded. How could she resist those brown eyes like his?

"Where do you want to start?" She asked the little girl beside her even though she knew what part of their story she enjoyed the most.

"Start with your petty war! Hihi!" The child giggled.

Ray sat comfortably and prepared herself for yet another lengthy talk. "So, a few years ago, I came back to the city and met your Uncle Tommy..."

***

"...so, yeah. I got my first cool car---"

"NO SEX!"

Ray's eyes went like saucers while suppressing a smile. Maybe I shouldn't have told her about how April tipped me on how to remember the car model.

"Yes, the NSX. And then he and I went to upgrade it and stayed in the city for a while before building business somewhere else."

"How come you came back?" The little girl cocked her head to the side, genuinely and innocently curious.

A pang of pain shot through Ray's heart. She lifted her shaky hand and patted her hair. "My family needed me here, so I came back." She softly smiled as she replied, keeping the tears forming in her eyes at bay.

"Are you happy then? Since your family is here?" The girl kept asking. "Daddy always said that you are happy when you are with your family."

"Yeah. I am."

That's a lie.

"Now, why don't we head back to the cubby? I'm sure Grandpa K got you another sword from the dojo."

With the mention of the sword and dojo, the little girl jumped down the trunk and giggled as she skipped toward the back seat. While she was cleaning herself, Ray packed the leftover food and threw the trash away. While walking back to her car, sirens from police cars zoomed by the road.

Stupid rookies. Can't do a crime right. She internally scoffed while a small smile was plastered on her face. Just a few more days. A few more and it will all be over.

She opened the back seat door to ensure she got her harness locked and right. "Ready to go home, princess?"

"Ready when you are!" She saluted to her, making Ray giggle.

Ray laughed along and booped her nose. "Let's get going then." She got in the driver's seat and fastened her harness. Starting the engine of her Lamborghini Urus.

"Oh ooh oooh! Can we please, pretty pretty please with weeds on brownies, explore the city?"

"Regina! You are not going to say pretty please and then say with weeds on top!" Ray scolded the little girl through the rearview mirror. "And yes, we can explore the city."