revelation

This story is in relation to little mundo. I have nothing against the characters and I love them equally. Their characteristics and actions in this story are purely fiction. Enjoy!

In a parallel universe where a daughter lays in bed and the mother tucks her in, a father reads a Shakespearean sonnet; one that irks the mind and heart of the same father who lost his wife and child in a different universe.

O! never say that I was false of heart,

Though absence seem'd my flame to qualify,

As easy might I from my self depart

As from my soul which in thy breast doth lie:

That is my home of love: if I have ranged,

Like him that travels, I return again;

Just to the time, not with the time exchanged,

So that myself bring water for my stain.

Never believe though in my nature reigned,

All frailties that besiege all kinds of blood,

That it could so preposterously be stained,

To leave for nothing all thy sum of good;

For nothing this wide universe I call,

Save thou, my rose, in it thou art my all.

***

Two years.

She left him after he learned the truth.

Six years.

He left her after learning his ex was with his child.

Two years.

Mourning and crying and raging and killing. Killing himself with the guilt of leaving his ex-wife and daughter.

Six years.

Mourning and crying and raging and killing. Killing herself with the guilt of not protecting her daughter from the world.

Funny, how the tables have turned. Fate brings out the irony in life.

***

Pulling over the Mond-Bullet Estate, or should the locals of Los Santos call it, the Lost and Forgotten Estate, Taco got out of the car and grabbed the plastic bag with food from Burger Shot. It has become a routine for Taco; bring him food, make sure he is still there, and let him mourn in his way.

Taking in the state of the ruined house that a once happy couple once called home, Taco couldn't help but feel pain. Ray was happy when she purchased the property with her hard-earned market.

"I am going to live in this house that I purchased and built for myself and hopefully live with my future husband and kids here! Aah! I can't wait to have my own family!"

Without bothering to ring the doorbell, he opened the double doors that lead to a catastrophe; wrappers of take-out scattered on the floor, a clutter of vodka bottles in one corner of the living room, and unwashed plates, pots, and pans piled up on the kitchen counters. In simple terms, it looked like a mess.