Chapter 1: Real Men Don't Hit Women. Only Boys Do.

Copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.

Chapter One: Real Men Don't Hit Women. Only Boys Do.

___________________________

'Ummm.. Tahlia, who is this?' My best friend Damen said to me. We were both on the couch laughing and having a good time. I always felt comfortable around him.

'What.. oh! That's Mikey. My boyfriend.' I said as my eyes widened with fear which I tried to hide. Mikey didn't like people in his house, especially men and here Damen was. He was supposed to leave over a half hour ago.

I just lose track of time around him.

'Hey, I'm Damen' he said getting up and smiling politely holding out his hand for Mikey to shake.

'Hey, I'm Mikey' he said taking his hand and shaking it firmly.

'Hey dude, I noticed a bruise on Lia's face. Do you know anything about it?' Damen said.

Oh no. this is not going to end well.  Come on Tahlia, think fast.

'Oh, it's nothing really, I burned myself with the curling iron.' I held my breath hoping he would just leave it.

'Yeah, she's a bit of a klutz.' Mikey said comming up behind me, his arms circling my waist tighter than necessary. I started to tremble slightly in fear.

'Oh, ok.' Damen said sounding convinced, but because I've known him for years, I could tell he was hesitant and not really convinced.

'Cya later Lia.' Damen said. He went over to hug me, but Mikey tightened his already tight arms around my waist as if to say back off.

'Yeah, Bye' I called out smiling.

I heard his footsteps echo and the faint sound of the front door closing.

Mikey arms dropped from around me as he looked at me like I was something repulsive.

He tangled his hand in my hair, grabbing a good handful than yanked on it. Hard. My eyes widened and teared up as I held back a scream. He slammed me into the wall with his forearem across my neck which left me gasping for air.

He pulled out a gun and stuck the opening in my mouth. I stopped squirming and stayed completely still. He smiled then lowered the gun.

'Mikey, I'm sorry! I wasn't flirting with him I swear. He's just a friend and -'

His hand connected with the side of my face. My head turned with the impact of the slap. I gritted my teeth and counted to five then slowly turned my head back around to beg for forgiveness just to recieve another blow.. This time square on my jaw.

Blood poured out as I bit my tongue, staying silent. Refusing to give him any sign that I was in pain. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

'You think you can bring another man in my house, huh?!'

Silence.

'Answer me you filthy whore!' He screamed getting up close to my face. I could smell aftershave still fresh on his face.

Silence.

He spat a big wad of spit in my face as he backed up and shoved me against the wall. I slid down to the floor. He glared at me one last time before turning off the light and exiting the room.

I then finally let a single tear roll down my cheek.

Real men don't hit women. Only boys do.

_____________________________________

A/N: Ok so I know this is short but the next chapter will be longer I promise. This is unedited, so there might be some mistakes along the way.

Any thoughts? I'll upload soon,

Ta ta for now.

xx Victoria xx