chapter 1

The wind blew the leaves all over the front lawn. My hair flew everywhere and all over my face. I focused my attention on the pile of leaves in front of me. I've been practicing Magic for the last few weeks but still could not master it. I honestly, wanted to give up and be normal but damon wasn't going to let me do that. I sighed as I failed once again. I sat down on the ground and looked up. The sky was a pretty blue and the clouds were shaped unique shapes. I liked looking at them when I was struggling. I liked to think that somewhere up there my birth mom was watching me. Making sure that I was safe and happy. I always wandered what she looked like. "What are you thinking about?" Elena asked, behind me. "My mom" I said, sitting up. "Me too. It's been years since her and my dad died" Elena said, sitting next to me. "How do you handle it?" I asked, looking back at her. She shook her head and smiled. "I don't know. I guess being around you guys helps me alot. Laughing and having fun with you guys always makes my day better" she says, hugging me. I nodded and hugged back. "Glad, I could do something right. I can't even do a simple levitation spell" I said. My mood getting worse. It has been weeks since I lost my magic. Noone knows what happened. I noticed I didn't have it when damon asked me to hand him a book. Usually I just used my magic to throw the book at him. But when I did it the last time, it didn't work. Since that day, damon has made me go outside and attempt to use the powers I didn't have. It didn't work. "Bonnie's dead. So she can't be here to help me. Jo don't even use her powers anymore" I said, taking a leaf and ripping it apart. I seen her take a deep breath before getting up. "Get up. Let's go inside. Damon and Stefan have something to talk to you about" she said, causing me to get up. I was slightly confused but still followed her. Damon and Stefan was sitting in the library with jo and a strange lady who I've never seen before. They noticed me and had a sad look on their faces. Well except for the lady. Whoever she was. I sat down and stefan started talking. "Sierra, we love you and only want the best for you so we asked jo to talk to her friend who had connections to this school of witchcraft. This is professor McGonagall from hogwarts in england" he said, introducing the lady in robes. I smiled and looked at the woman. I smiled and waved. "Ms. Parker told me everything about your situation. It'd be an honor to have you attend our school" she said, before Stefan spoke again. "You'll only be there as long as you need to be. As soon as you gain your powers back and you learn how to use them properly. You can leave the school for good. But until then, you'll come home for holidays and the summer time only" he said, causing me to understand. I nodded and looked at the lady. "So when do we leave?" I asked, hoping that it wasn't soon. "We have to get you sorted into your house before we can go. Usually we do this sort of thing at the school but your brothers said that you would feel more comfortable being sorted here" she said, making me smile wider. She seemed nicer then i thought she was. She brought out a witches hat and a stool before turning to me. "Now if you can please sit down on this stool, miss salvatore" she said, causing me to sit on the stool and allow her to place the hat on my head. I nearly jumped when the hat started talking. "Wonderful. Another powerful witch. You going to be great one day. I know exactly where to put you" the hat said, before shouting "slytherin". The professor took the hat off of my head before putting it away. "Snape will be happy to know he has another slytherin joining his house" I heard her say before she put her hands together and smiled again. "Now we must get your things packed and say goodbye to your family. We don't have much time before we have to go get school supplies" she said, causing me to nod. She handed me a trunk to pack all my things in before I ran upstairs to my room. The lady knocked on my door and offered to help me pack. I agreed, knowing we could get it done alot faster. I packed up tons of my witchcraft books and most of my clothes before turning to the professor. "What it like at hogwarts" I asked, continuing to rummage through my jewelry. I seen her take a pause and look back at me. "We're a family, miss salvatore. We may not always see eye to eye but when it comes to fighting in battle, we'll stand together. No matter if we win or lose. Because we're stronger together" she said, taking another pause and continuing to pack. "So basically, a coven" I summarized, smiling. I packed my last item which was my makeup. I quickly locked the trunk before walking downstairs with it. The professor walked behind me. "Alright, I'm all packed" I said, entering the living room where everyone stood. Damon and Stefan was the first ones to hug me. "We'll see you at Christmas, Sierra" Stefan said, hugging me tightly. I hugged back and turned to Damon. "Promise me you won't try to kill anyone while I'm gone" I said, causing him to roll his eyes. "No promises" he replied, smirking. Elena gave me a hug and smiled. "Call me and send pictures everyday. I wanna know how school is going" she said, causing me to nod. I had started to think of Elena as my sister. Lexi too. Jo was last but not least. "I'll try to come visit whenever, I'm not working. Since I'm a witch, Dumbledore and McGonagall will let me come see you whenever I want" she said, making me excited. I knew I was gonna miss them all. But knowing that jo will be able to come and visit made it better. A lot better.