Contrast of feelings.

Beth's POV

Tomorrow is our final day of the season. We're 1 point behind Chelsea and we need Man United to beat them and for ourselves, we need to beat West Ham. This will be a challenge for us because realistically, the title is in Chelsea's hands. We know this and we made sure to make sure that our thoughts were only on us.

It's 9am the next day and it's match day, the final one before the season ends and the Euros. We get on the team bus and make our way to West Ham's ground. Luckily it's not too far so we don't have to be on here with nerves for too long. Viv and I end up sitting next to one another and Katie and Lotte sit opposite us.

Katie: How are you feeling Viv? Have you seen Lisa since the break up?

Viv: Yeah i'm good, just more focused on the result than other things right now.

After Katie and Viv had that little interaction, Viv went quiet and you could tell that it hurt her in a way. We both were sharing a blanket so i placed my hand on her thigh just to reassure her that i was there for her. She held my hand and i did the thumb stroke to make her feel at ease, seeming as i wanted her to feel comforted. It wasn't long after where Viv fell asleep on my shoulder and the bus seemed to quiet down to let the princess have her beauty sleep.

time skip

Viv's POV

It's over. After my goal and Beth scoring, we won 2-0 and at full time we were champions. The score for the Chelsea-United game is 1-1 which means if it stays like this we'll win the league. Our fans were keeping us updated as we were showing them our appreciation for every single one of them for their support throughout the season.

The West Ham fans started to cheer, at first we were all confused and looked at eachother as to say "what's going on". It wasn't until the announcers said that Sam Kerr scored in the 92nd minute to win it for Chelsea. Hearing those words broke me. I signed a fan's shirt and had a picture and soon after i made my way to the changing rooms.

I slammed the door open and just slumped myself onto the bench in the changing room. I was feeling so many emotions but most of all i felt disappointment. As i was going through social media and seeing all the chelsea players and fans' posts and comments, i could hear footsteps outside the door. The door opened and my face lit up when i realised it was Beth.

Beth: What are you doing in here on your own.

Viv: I just want to be away from everything.

Beth: Why? What's up?

Viv: We'll first of all i played against my ex today Beth, you know that. And two, i don't know what my future holds here. I love this team, the fans and the club but it's just painful always coming up short. It's shit!

Beth: I hear you. I know it's painful and everyone in this team and club deserves to win silverware but you're one of the ones who deserve it most. But make sure whatever you choose to do next, it's what's best for you Viv.

Viv: Did you seriously miss out what i said at the beginning on purpose? I can't believe you Beth.

Beth's POV

Viv just stormed out of the changing room and made her way to the bus. I'm lost for words. I didn't do anything wrong did i? As soon as Viv stormed out, that's when all the other players started making their way inside the changing room. "Hot head back at it" was a comment i heard from Katie. I gave her a deathly look and made my way to the team bus.

As i got on the bus, Viv was in our seats and you can clearly tell she'd been crying. I approached her and asked if she wanted me to sit by her and she nodded her head so i just sat there and gave her a cuddle. She held me tight, tighter than anyone had held me before. I thought to myself, this girl i care for her so much, more than i already did.

Not long after, everyone started getting on the bus. The atmosphere wasn't the way it usually is, but it was still a good vibe. More or less everyone sat on their own as they needed to ring family members and friends which was understandable.

We've finally arrived home, back at Colney. Originally, Viv was supposed to drive me home to my house and then we'd meet up tomorrow but we both just wanted to be with each other. So that's what we did. The car ride was silent but there was no awkwardness at all.

We pulled up to Viv's house and then as soon as we got inside we went to the couch. Viv pulled me into a hug and again, she held me tight. I placed a kiss gently on her head and she looked up and smiled. That's when i knew, this is where i want to be and what i want. I want Viv but i'm not going to tell her.

Viv's POV

I quickly went to shower and as i got out, Beth had made food and set up a movie night for us. She knows how shit i'm feeling right now and seeing how much she cares for me, means so much. That girl is truly special.

I got changed into my pj's and made my way over to Beth. I gave her a kiss on the head and pulled her in tightly. We ate our food shortly after and i realised that i'd needed to make an insta post to make sure that the Arsenal Fans knew that i appreciate them.

viviannemiedema Although it wasn't the end to the season we wanted, this season has been special

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

viviannemiedema Although it wasn't the end to the season we wanted, this season has been special. Thank you to the fans for making it one to remember! To the team, the club and staff, you're truly my second family. Thank you! Time to rest in preparation for the Euros❤️🫶🏼

arsenalwomen rest up now GOAT. We all can't wait to see you shine in the Euros💪🏼❤️
liawalti 🥺❤️💪🏼
caitlinfoord ❤️❤️🐐🐐
leahwilliamson ❤️
bethmead forever am proud of you mijn meijsie🥰🐐
katiemccabe 😍🐐
jordannobbs ❤️🐐🥰