EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

FULL TIME = ENGLAND 2 - GERMANY 1. ENGLAND ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!!

Beth's POV

I drop to my knees. We've done it. We've just beaten Germany in a Euros final, in front of a home and sold out crowd. This doesn't feel real. I go over to comfort Alexandra Popp. I knew how much it hurts when missing out on a final by the finest margins and she was a vital part to what Germany did this summer. After comforting Popp, I made my way to the girls. We all gathered in a circle and started jumping up and down and started cheering. Not long after, Sarina came and joined us and we all went silent because we knew she'd have a lot to say.

Sarina: First off, I just want to say how proud of you all I am. From the cleaners, to the cooks, to the coaches and then to you players, we've been an amazing team and I can't thank each one of you enough for your efforts this summer. To say I didn't expect this outcome would be a lie because I knew and could see how much you all wanted to win and I'm so happy that you've all experienced this. And guess what girls, YOU'RE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!! Let's go celebrate with friends and family!

I could see Viv and my family in the distance so I sprinted in their direction. Ben was the first person I held and he couldn't contain his excitement which made me tear up. My mum was next and she pulled me straight into a cuddle. She began to break down in my arms and I couldn't help but cry with her too. She is the reason I wanted to win the EUROS, to make her and my family proud. My dad gave me a gentle kiss on the forehead and gave me a cuddle and they all looked so happy. This right here is my definition of happiness.

After finishing cuddling my family members, Viv was next. She was wearing my England top, trying to hide her smile and excitement, she gave me her hand and suggested for me to come closer. I did what she asked and she pulled me in close, kissed my forehead and whispered "I'm so proud of you" in my ear. At this moment I wanted to grab her face and kiss her but I knew I couldn't because of the crowd. I waved goodbye to them and made my way to the changing room.

 I waved goodbye to them and made my way to the changing room

arsenalwomen enjoy that win, viv?

tagged viviannemiedema

jenbeattie she loved it

leahwilliamson cmon the girl❤️

stephcatley here she isssss

jordannobbs scenes😍

cailtinfoord she loves seeing CB happy!🥰🥰

- liawalti I second that!

bethmead my number 1 fan<3

viviannemiedema always proud and happy to see me mates doing well <333

jillroord English now are you?

katiemccabe the goat is English and dutch from now on

- leahwilliamson I wonder why...

Viv's POV

There's an after party for friends and family which I'll be attending with Beth and her family tonight, I can't wait. I'm just so proud of her and can't wait to celebrate her success. Luckily, I get to stay with Beth before needing to meet up with everyone. When Beth and I get to the room, she quickly runs in the shower and I head towards the bed. As I sat down, I notice that she has two pictures by her bedside table; one of her, her mum, her dad, her brother and Rona (her dog) and the other is a picture of us. Not long after I pick the picture of us up, she comes out of the bathroom.

Beth: What are you snooping through now?

Viv: I'm just looking through your photo frames, that is all.

Beth: Cute aint they!

Viv: They are indeed. I never knew you had one of us.

Beth: Is that an issue?

Viv: No of course not. It's cute.

Beth: Waking up every day and looking to my side to see them photos, reminded me of who I was doing this for.

Viv: I love you.

Beth: You what?

Viv: I love you Beth. I truly do love you.

Beth: Well you're lucky that I love you too ain't ya.

As soon as she said those words, I grabbed her into my arms. I want to ask her to be mine but I don't want to take the spotlight away from her right now. But fuck not, I'm going to ask. After a deep breath, I asked her to be mine. Luckily for me she said yes and she gave me a kiss on the lips. I responded by giving her a passionate one back. This girl is everything.

We quickly got changed and made our way down to the hotel reception where Beth's family was waiting. Beth greeted them and then it was my turn too. As I got to her mum and dad, i nodded my head and they gave a sigh of relief because they knew what I was planning. I knew I wanted to ask soon so I made sure to ask them both for their approval because I wanted their opinion on it. "Welcome to the family, Viv" they both said. I think Leah and Jordan overheard them saying that so they ran to Beth and I and Jordan shouted "finally".

viviannemiedema's story

bethmead what a team, what a tournament and what a summer! I'm so proud to be in this team and to make history this summer

bethmead what a team, what a tournament and what a summer! I'm so proud to be in this team and to make history this summer. I'll never forget this day, ever! ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

tagged lionesses

lionesses history maker!

leahwilliamson so proud of you my friend! love creating so much memories with you x

jordannobbs proudest friend and teammie rn! love you my Bethy xx

liawalti proud of you x

caitlinfoord CB!!! proudest of you.

katiemccabe not too bad from you...

viviannemiedema you deserve this! trots op jou<3

arsenalwomen what a summer! we're all so proud of you Beth!