Pure relief!

Viv's POV

viviannemiedema proud and honoured to be representing my country in another major tournament

viviannemiedema proud and honoured to be representing my country in another major tournament. can't wait to meet up with the girls and start going again🇳🇱💪🏼

daniellevandedonk ❤️
leahwilliamson good luck my girl, you'll smash it❤️
bethmead can't wait to see you shine❤️🥰
jordannobbs go and do us all proud🇳🇱❤️🐐
liawalti 🥺🥰❤️
caitlinfoord 🐐❤️🥰
katiemccabe yes goat❤️
jillroord let's do this❤️

Beth's POV

With the season I've had, I feel confident that I'll get chosen for the home Euros. Since the Olympics, there's always been the thought in there back of my mind that I won't get chosen but Sarina has made me feel confident within myself. It's currently 9am and we should be getting a call around 4pm. The wait is making me nervous. Viv heard this morning that she's got into the team. I couldn't be more proud of her. She's had a difficult year but I can't wait for her to show the world that she's still the GOAT.

Viv: Do you want to go for lunch or something to get your mind off of things?

Beth: Of course, if you don't mind please.

Viv: Okay let's leave by 12:30.

Beth: Sounds like a plan!

We both head to the fridge to get our overnight oats to snack on before we leave. We usually eat our food on the table but for today, Viv decided we'd eat on the sofa so we could watch our favourite show together before we head out. My legs were shaking because of nerves and Viv spotted that so she placed her bowl on the table and got up to face me. She knelt down and removed my bowl from my hands and placed my hands in hers.

Viv: I know this is nerve-racking right now but you're going to be okay no matter what. You don't need to worry I promise you.

Beth: I just really want to go Viv.

Viv: You will be going Beth trust me. I mean any team in the world would be lucky to have Beth Mead in their team. So i'm sure Sarina has no doubt that you'll be there for your country, so please don't worry. Do you need me to do anything to help with these nerves?

Beth: Thank you Viv, those words mean a lot. Could we possibly just lay here for a while and just be in each others presence. That's all I want.

Viv: You don't have to ask me twice.

Viv's POV

We were watching Friends and we were apart. In each other's company but just not cuddling. I want to cuddle her but I'm not sure if she's in the mood to cuddle so I just sit there and hope she asks in a little bit. After a while, Beth nudges me and that's her way of telling me she wants to cuddle. I open out my arms and she snuggles into my chest. I place a kiss on her head I can sense the fact that she's got a cheeky grin on her face.