Chapter 8: Oath

Lucia quickly dispelled her light before running to the next-door tent hiding inside as she knelt under a table with her back facing her target. Soft muffles were heard as Lucia was hesitant to move any closer. The tent was dimly lit as the light flickered as a result of the fire which provided the light to only one part of the tent. Blue had stayed still on her shoulder before chirping and asking why they were waiting.

"Don't wanna get caught," Lucia said looking over the table and watching the faint shadows against the tent's cloth. "Go high and see if there's anyone else roaming around," Blue immediately flew off while Lucia summoned a bag grabbing an oracle out before de-summoning the bag.

Lucia began casting a spell with both eyes closed and her hands out on the sides of the oracle. An eye began to form in front of her with a brown iris while the oracle also began to glow and slowly present Lucia within, almost replicating a mirror. She opened her right eye seeing that the spell was a success before the eye disappeared while the oracle flashed images before a view of the tent was shown from inside.

The set up of the tent was the same as before but of course, the tent as a whole was secluded from the outside world with drapes as well as the animals now resting. The light of a lit lantern kept the register area well-lit as the owner, Yi Yi, was planting some plants into some pottery vases while humming a simple yet catchy tune.
Gently putting plants into pots and repeating Lucia watched her eyeing her every movement before going on to examine the area and her.

"I know you're there! I could smell you from a mile away."

Lucia POV

I was surprised, but not all the way, as my previous gut feeling of the pale woman was coming true. The lady had looked at me, the eye I mean, before I dispelled it and got up not caring if I made noise.
Exiting the neighboring tent and entering the woman's tent I was hit with a strong spice smell of lit incense as the lady was behind the register with a mass of soil and plants scattered on the wooden table. Her eyes glowed white before the potted plants she planted began floating up as the lady stood up before floating to the back while she left to the back.

My gut feeling kept turning out to be true as the lady disappeared from sight while a small broom and chair floated to the register. With the seat placed directly across from the one she sat at while the other small broom began dusting off the top of the front counter, the woman began speaking again but this time with a much heavier accent.

"Come to kill me?" She asked while I took a seat at the chair given, I could hear the noises of some sort of pottery hitting one another along with the sounds of water being poured into a container of sorts. The broom and plants disappeared as the lady returned with a tray of tea.
She set the tray down between us before taking a seat with a soft smile and sharp red eyes.

"Actually I was thinking about it at first," I told her truthfully as I took one of the tea cups and began putting sugar cubes in it from the bowl beside the teapot. "But I think you have more to tell if I was to ask you some things," I said as I filled my cup with the tea before taking a sip.

"You question me? Ha! Do you know who exactly I am?"  she chuckled, and I softly put my tea down.

"The bat queen of the Boling Isles, of course, the richest demon in the realm. Though I suppose you're here on vacation away from your children right?" I asked as the demon laughed.

"You could say that, but I am surprised you know an old demon like me."

"I know much and a lot about everyone, I mean information is more powerful against an opponent, no?" I asked as I began drinking my herbal tea once more.
This stuff is really good...