Heartbeat

Reach had been glassed nearly six years ago by the Covenant. Then, Chief and Cortana awoke. Here at our small rebel base, we had Spartan Fredrick, Spartan Kelly, and Spartan Linda. They immediately recognized one of Nobles members and identified him as 'Jorge' stating he was a very good friend, and the kindest soul they'd ever seen.

"Jay, how are they lookin?" The AI let out an annoyed hum. "Well, they're all healing well," she started, "but one is constantly waking up, and then passing out again soon after." I looked at the grey colored AI. "Wich one?" I stood up, putting my book down and giving her my full attention. "The dark blue one, Carter." I hummed softly. I was about to respond, but the AI cut me off. "Don't even THINK about going in there! One of them is more lethal than the chief himself!" She snapped, giving me a venomous look. "Then I'll go with Fredrick!" I retorted. Jay facepalmed. "Fine. Let me contact him."

Fredrick was an elite Spartan two, and a member of master chiefs blue team. But he still had an open heart. He was worried for his old friend, his fellow trainee. Fred hummed as he walked through the halls toward the medbay. Jorge was the strongest Spartan he knew, stronger than chief in hand to hand combat. He was honestly scared of whatever did THAT to him...  "You alright Lieutenant?" He twitched lightly. He hadn't realized he was already here. "I'm fine ms.Keyes." He couldn't help but to be cold toward the young girl. She acted as though she knew everything about this war, but Fred always made sure she never had to. "Is it true?" She didn't look up at him as they went through the medbay doors. "That they saved your grandpa, and delivered Cortana?" He hummed softly. "Yes.  Several years after that I was assigned to you." The girl looked down. "When mom gave me up." She muttered it under her breath. Fred put a firm hand on her shoulder. "She didn't do that C.J." He pulled his hand off her shoulder and crouched in front of her. "She would never do that to you." He cupped her small, teary eyed face in his large hands. " And I won't either." He pulled his hands away from her face and pulled her to his chest. "None of us will." C.J held onto him, like he was her last hope of survival. "You're too kind, too sweet for anyone to give up." He muttered softly, running his fingers through her short hair. "You are my sunshine,"He hummed softly. "My only sunshine."  He leaned against the interior doors of the medbay. "You make me happy," he pulled her into his lap, her head on his chest. "When sky's are grey." He rested his head on the wall behind him. "You'll never know dear," he yawned, slightly stretching his back. "How much I love you," he smiled under his visor, as he heard the girl yawn. "Please don't take my sunshine away." The girl had fallen asleep to his music and his heart, and Fred remembered why he accepted her in the first place.