One Hell of a Lawyer

Spider-Menace

Spider-Menace.

That's what they're calling Peter now. And by they, I mean J. Jonah Jameson. He never liked Spider-Man to begin with and now that Peter's secret is out, he's been attacking him all over the Daily Bugle. Not just him, there are protesters outside the apartment complex with signs that range from 'Lock Peter up!' to 'We miss Mysterio.' I can't believe these people. They've forgotten all the good Peter's done for them just because one newbie hero lied to them.

They're even calling Peter a war criminal who's been terrorizing the citizens of New York. How does that even make sense? Do people just suddenly forget that he's the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man? To make things worst, they brought MJ and Ned into this. They plastered my face and Peter's along them and called us a Terror Squad. They even brought up Stark Industries because of the drones which made me worry about Morgan and Pepper even more. I hope they're in a safe place away from all of this and as soon as everything is good I will go and find them.

I grabbed Peter's hand as we continued watching the news with May. Happy and Peter wanted me to leave but I promised I wouldn't leave Peter. Not again.

We heard pounding on the door. "FEDERAL AGENTS! OPEN UP!" we heard from the other side as May got up.

"Federal agents?" she repeated confusingly before looking at us. "You two stay here."

When May opened the door she was greeted by a group of Damage Control Agents, DoDC. The man who was leading the group held up his ID.

"Department of Damage Control," Agent Clearly said. "We have a warrant for the arrest of Peter Parker and Rachel Roth, or should I say Raven Stark."

"You know the Fourth Amendment?" May questioned.

"Sure."

"Unreasonable search and seizure?"

Agent Clearly ignored her and said over his shoulder. "Get in here, guys. Let's go!"

I went to create a portal so Peter and I could escape but Peter grabbed my hand and shook his head. Letting out a breath, I closed the portal as the DoDC took us away.

》》》》

This is like Tokyo all over again. Peter's being framed and I'm getting taken down with him. I refused to say a word to anyone until my lawyer gets here. No matter what I say, the cops won't believe us until there is hard evidence that proves our innocence. Quentin gave one which is the main reason why people believe him over us.

"Raven Stark," Clearly began as he entered my interrogation room. "Or would you prefer I call you Rachel Roth -" he slammed my file on the table "-since it was Tony Stark who gave you that name?"

"Raven's fine," I stated boredly.

"Ok, Raven. I've read your file. A few years back you were part of the Teen Titans, then you were working with the Avengers, only now to find you working with a vigilante like Peter Parker." Not saying anything, I raised my brow at him. "What? No comment?"