Just a Tree

"This is so

"This is so...cool!" Beast Boy beamed as he stood before Sandman's cage, who introduced himself as Flint Marko. I stood in front of Max Dillion, the guy with lighting abilities, as he looked around the crypt in confusion. "You're the literal definition of the Sandman." He rushed over to Max's. "And you're like the other universe version of Doctor Light and Lightning!" Beast Boy paused momentarily before grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Max. "Maybe you should stand here."

I rolled my eyes. "You'll never let that incident go, will you?" I snapped.

And it also turns out, Max and Connors, the giant lizard, are from the same universe. Connors used to be a brilliant scientist for Oscorp until he turned himself into a giant lizard. Then he tried to turn everyone else into giant lizards. Beast Boy almost peed his pants when Connors decided to talk.

"Where are we?" Flint asked with his arms crossed.

"A wizard's dungeon!" MJ answered as she and Ned appeared behind us.

Max looked flabbergasted. "Wi - Wizard's dungeon?"

"There's no real way to sugarcoat that. It's literally the dungeon of a wizard."

"He prefers the name, Doctor," I corrected while I got close to Max's cage.

"More like pathetic," Jesse commented.

I glared at him. "Says the one locked away." I looked around the room to see Connors and James smirking amusingly, Octavius looking a bit annoyed, and Jacob was sitting on the ground meditating still. Right, I forgot they were there, too.

Jesse glared at Beast Boy. "Don't worry, when I get out of here, I'm going to kill him first."

"Raven, your brother has serious anger issues," MJ commented. "Maybe it's about time we sign him up for therapy. A little anger management classes."

Max kept looking at Beast Boy, which I'm sure is a whole new thing for him. "Ok, what's with the human gecko? He looks like he's going to try to get me to buy some car insurance."

"Dude, I'm not a gecko!" Beast Boy argued. He gestured to his pointy ears. "They don't even have ears!"

"But you could turn into one," MJ piped up.

Beast Boy's mouth flew open as he looked at MJ. "They didn't need to know that, Mama!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose before I heard Flint trying to break out of his barrier. "Punching the barrier won't work. No matter how much power or magic you have, neither of you are getting out of there."

"Look, you can keep your magic," Max said before looking at his hands. "I want a taste of that new energy I just felt."

The light behind us started to flicker. We - meaning Ned, MJ, Beast Boy, and I - looked back briefly just as they flickered again. I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket and pulled it out to see Peter's name flashing across the screen. MJ looked at me with high hopes that I would take the call but I just shoved my phone toward her chest before walking over to James's cell.