{3.05}

EDEN EMERGED, WELL MORE STUMBLED, from the bushes. The nausea, thank god, had passed as soon as she sat still for a good few minutes. The dizziness, lethargy and sudden blurriness of her eyes all remained though. But she powered through it, relishing in the gently releasing relief that the pain killers had already started to emit. She walked towards where the truck had been stopped but found it completely empty. She soon figured out where the others were, by looking through the dusty windows of the truck since no one had spoken in a long while and she could not see around it.

As she approached, the sound of her boots against unpturned rubble caught the group's attention away from the extensive walled city before them. They all stared at her as she walked closer, reassuring Newt's concern with a single flex of her brow (he had wanted to go with her but she simply refused to let him.)

"How..."

"I'm good, just post accident nausea," she smiled reassuringly. It would not have convinced him on its own but when paired with the colour in her cheeks and the fact that her gaze wasn't so sporadic now, he was convinced. Eden stopped just at his side, staring out onto the city as they all did. "Scary."

"That's the understatement of the century," Frypan chuckled prior to walking back to the truck. They all silently went to do the same, Thomas lingering behind all the others. Newt began to linger back too and did not have to say a word for Eden to catch on, she walked a little quicker to be clear of them.

"Eden in the back," Jorge called out just as her fingertips grazed the handle to the truck's door.

"What?"

"Just in case," Jorge answered, amusement instantly evident in his expression."Can't have you ruining the truck."

Eden rolled her eyes as Jorge laughed almost manically, making the situation seem much funnier than it actually was."Pendejo," Eden spoke lowly but loud enough that he could hear loud and clear. The laughter was soon replaced with a face of utter confusion, he had not taught her that nor had they ever had a single discussion in spanish. She had picked up a book on a whim and that was one of the words that stuck in her head, unsurprisingly. Despite her outrage at the notion of having to sit in the back of the truck, Eden climbed in the back anyway and was just about comfortable when Newt joined her. Suddenly sitting in the back of the truck did not seem like such a dire situation any longer.

The truck started up and Jorge continued on the long drive ahead of them, going slightly too fast for Eden's liking but she never said a word. She was too distracted to care. She and Newt had shuffled into a position that was pretty comfortable for the both of them, bodies intertwined in a hug that was the best comfort possible. The air around them felt thin at times, then suddenly extremely thick and fueled on tension that could not be cut with the sharpest blade. During those moments, before she could even get a word in, Newt would steal a few kisses or move his hand to a different spot on her back, distracting her. Eden didn't even notice at first but after a good few attempts, she quickly caught on and managed to fight the distraction. "Are you sure you're okay?" she asked softly, not disturbing the others in the front of the car who were having a heated argument about something instantly insignificant.

"I'm okay, promise," he whispered back, forking a hand through his hair as a brief attempt to tame it. Eden had laughed for a good few minutes at how the wind attacked his hair earlier and even offered to pull it into a ponytail - an offer which he soon denied. "How's your head?"

"Fine now, meds kicked in ages ago. It was a bad one though, I don't know whether it was just because of the crash or something else..."

"Else?" he echoed, instantly tensing up so severely that she could feel the shig in his posture.