{3.10}

BY THE TIME EDEN AND FRY had walked into the candle lit room where Teresa was being 'held', the questioning had been fully completed. Which she was unbelievably thankful for, having not wanted to even hear her voice after the betrayal. Eden kept in complete silence from the moment she sat in the chair to have the chip in her neck removed. She just stared at the floor, holding her hair out of the way with one hand, whilst the other twirled the bead between her fingertips. Teresa took her time taking the chip out of Eden's neck, all the while asking her dozens of questions or having conversations that implied that everything would be fixed if they had the cure.

She drifted over to Newt as it was Fry's turn, sitting down in the chair next to him without saying a word. Slowly he clasped his hand around hers, squeezing tightly. Her brow, which had been tugged down with great concern, began to rise as she realised her surroundings once more. They watched Teresa working in complete silence, gaze sometimes drifting to Gally and the others to check on their wellbeing.

Eden, after every single chip barring Newt's had been removed, decided that she had enough of the candle lit room and stood to leave, once again ignoring Teresa's persistent questions about the cure as everyone else did.

"Eden, just tell me!" Teresa yelled, voice echoing around the dark room. Eden continued to pretend that she hadn't heard and went to walk out of the room. A hand on her collar, dragging her in the opposite direction prevented that. She turned and found Teresa's wild expression staring back at her. "Tell me!" she yelled, forcefully trying to shake the answer out of her.

Everyone descended on her instantly, some hands on guns while others were planning on just using brute force to pull her away from Eden. They all stopped instantly as Eden lifted one of her hands, glancing towards Jorge who was the closest.

"No Teresa. I will not tell you. I wouldn't have told you even before you betrayed us..." she replied calmly, jaw clenched tight with fury. "You could kill me and I wouldn't tell so I suggest you let go before I make you."

Teresa hesitated for at least ten seconds then eventually pulled away, giving enough room that Eden could walk away and out of the room as she so wanted. Newt rushed to get the chip out of his neck, almost moving too quickly and getting the scalpel stabbed into his skin. He rushed after her, having noted the direction in which she went, and found her laying on a bed while staring intently at the ceiling. He pulled off his jacket, kicked off his boots, then lay down next to her. She hadn't even acknowledged his appearance at her side but still shuffled closer to him, nestling her head in the crook of his extended arm.

"What's on your mind, love?"

"Nothing important," she sighed softly, moving her head closer to his so their whispered conversation would be easier. "What's on yours?"

He took some of her hair and began twisting it round his fingers, relishing in the comforting feeling. "I'm reliving the moment when I first realised I was attracted to you."

Eden's head slowly lifted to be level with his, her eyes so full of intrigue that he almost didn't want to tell her.

"When you were telling me about your research the second time you took my blood. The focus in your eyes, the gentleness, the passion and the way you just looked so absorbed in your work... I don't know why but it just did something," he shrugged, smiling as a grin grew on her lips.

She laughed, the sound almost melodic after only hearing her saddened voice for so long, "No, I totally get it. Mine was when you were working on the fields the week before Clint came up in the box."

He could physically feel his eyebrows raise as he wondered aloud, "Really?"

"You were laughing about something with someone, I just thought it sounded so beautiful... and your hair was wet from the shower," she confessed, blush dusting her cheeks as he laughed. His nose screwed up in that most adorable way and just for a split second she forgot her surroundings and the pressure of their life at the moment. It was a short lived moment but she found herself craving it over and over as time continued, as if it were the rarest drug available. She found even more confessions slipping from her tongue. "I think I fell in love with you when you trusted me not to tell you about immunities. That level of trust... I knew you had suspicious but the fact that you trusted me enough to keep it a secret? It only intensified when... well after that conversation," she whispered, brushing so deeply their cheeks turned crimson instead of their usual red. He smiled, pinkinging too as he remembered every single perfect moment of that evening.