Chapter 2: To Begin Their Destiny

Eight Years Ago in Gifnora Forest

   In a rotten Empire, an unforgivable, sinister plan was put into motion. Two men stood on a cliff, watching the vast forest below them. 

Bill: Now then, I wonder which of the children will reach here first. I thought your plan was to buy up a group of a hundred children from across the Empire to groom them into assassins... no matter how you look at it, you've placed more than a hundred in the forest. 

Gozuki: It's fine. This is exactly how the plan is meant to start. This weed-out process will definitely kill a few dozen children.

Bill: I see... so weak candidates will just eliminate themselves on their own. So, Gozuki, how many can you train?

Gozuki: Hmmm, I guess eight would be the limit for me as I am now.

Bill: Very well. After ranking them, we'll give the top eight candidates to you. We will take the rest.

    In the brutal forest two sisters were running for their dear life. They were trying their best to leave this forest, but one of them was struggling more than the other. 

Kurome: Bi-big sis... I can't run anymore. 

Akame: We're almost there! You can do it, Kurome!

    Just then Kurome stopped in fear, her face horrified at what she was looking at. Akame then looked at what her sister was looking at, her red eyes shaking in fear. Many children their age were dead in front of them, stuck lying dead in the mouths of plant monsters that stood before them.

Akame: We can't go this way! Come on, we have to go around!

Kurome: Th-They're being eaten...

Akame: It's alright. Your big sis is with you.

Kurome: ...Okay.

   The girls went to go move but as soon as they started to move a beastly wolf came to attack. Coming at them at incredible speeds. It lunged onto Kurome, bitting on her shoulder badly. Kurome screams in pain as Akame looked at her sister in worry.

    Suddenly the wolf was stabbed in the leg by a kunai coming in at blinding speeds. The wolf let go of Kurome as Akame caught her sister before she could fall onto the ground. The wolf howled in pain as it got slashed in the eye by another kunai. Just then, a boy with familiar spiky hair drops down from a tree, stabbing the wolf in the head.

    The young boy got off the dead corpse of the wolf and yanked his two kunai out of the wolf's body. He went to his third kunai and pulled it off the ground. He looked at the two girls in concern as he used his kunai to rip off part of his arm sleeve from his white sweatshirt. 

Y/N: This will help to stop the bleeding. Try to keep it tight in place.

Kurome: Tha-thank you Y/N.

    Y/N wrapped the cloth around her shoulder tightly. He got off the ground and looked ahead of them.

Y/N: We aren't far from the finish line, we should hurry.

Akame: Hey, I'm sorry about not wanting your help. If you weren't here...

Y/N: It's okay Akame, I'm sure you would've been able to handle the wolf if I wasn't here. I was worried but... I'm just glad that you two are okay. 

    The boy gave a soft smile to the raven-haired girl. Not realizing what will come in the future. 

   Back to the two men, they waited patiently for the children to escape the forest.

Gozuki: But I can't help but wonder, training these kids will take nearly ten years. Will the Empire even last that long?