𖠁𐂃𖠁

"...my foot!"

Gyro's frightful tone caught both Johnny's and Violet's attention. They spared a glance at him, then down to his foot where nothing but a torn boot once was. Unnatural steel blades seemed to protrude from the tender flesh, leaving traces of blood in their wake.

"What happened to your foot?" Violet questioned. Last she saw of it, his boot had slightly torn without warning. Now, her icy irises gazed in confusion at the sharp blades that sluggishly grew from his ligaments.

"What is that?! The shape of your foot?!" demanded Johnny. Gyro could only panic in response to the questions, a feeling of dread settling within him while the weight of his foot increased.

"I don't know! The skin of my left foot's like steel..." Violet could sympathize with his situation quite well.

"Damn it...the pain is incredible too! It's slowly creeping out of my foot!" He shouted at the feeling of his limb solidifying and tearing apart. "It feels like a block is in my foot!" His pain only sent the other two into a frenzy of panic as well. They had to take care of the enemy, and they had to do it fast.

"Seriously! What happened to you?! Was it because of that Andre Boom-Boom over there? Or did the two guys closing in do it?!" Johnny cried in confusion. The entire situation was tossing them through a loop of chaos. Violet could feel her heart pick up pace as the two remaining Boom-Booms were getting dangerously close, the echoing sound of hooves getting clearer and more precise.

"It has to be! But I don't know what he did to me! Something's going wrong in my body! I kicked away the knife with this foot! Was it some kind of poison?" Gyro spiralled into more hysteria while glaring down at the mutilated limb.

"There's a chance that it's a kind of disease," Violet thought aloud. "C'mon, Violet! Don't say stuff like that!"

"Here they come!" Interrupted Johnny, grappling their attention with a steel grip. "I'll take the right, Violet, you help Gyro with the left! Don't let them come any closer!"

The blond-haired man fired his revolver, a loud bang sounding throughout the desolate desert as each bullet was shot. Though before the metallic projectiles could exit the gun, pieces of it began to disassemble and pull apart from themselves, floating in the air for a moment before lodging themselves into Gyro's abdomen.  The green-eyed man yelped as the pieces of metal dug into his skin after pulling towards him with so much force it was unnatural.

"What the hell, Johnny?" Gyro hollered as blood began to spurt out of the impact spot. There was a small tear in his amethyst-toned shirt and Violet caught sight of bruising that had shadowed his ribcage. 

"The gun! It just broke apart all of a sudden!" Johnny cried out in disbelief. According to his shouts, the gun wasn't old nor had it been used beforehand. Violet clutched the rifle in her hands with as much vigour as possible as it also began to crumble. Her eyes widened when the wooden base of it remained in her grip but its iron guts tore from its body and embedded themselves into Gyro's calf.

Johnny's attention was then directed to the knife as it shook violently on the floor. "Gyro...The knife! It's moving in your direction!" Violet glared at the blade, moving as swiftly as she could to step on the iron before it dug into her partner. Though she wasn't able to, and her leather boot rose dust in the spot the dagger had once laid. A sickening feeling rose in her throat when she felt the even ground below her.