𖠁𐂃𖠁

Dust seemed to cling onto Violet's every pore, making her skin murky with desert sand. Having a room with running water was nice, and cleaning herself was a pleasure she was not going to take for granted. Grime, blood, and filth were rinsing off in the shower, pooling at the bottom of the tub creating a ghastly puddle of nauseating substances. She left the bathroom a bloody mess, moving onto a stool in her room situated across from a mirror. She turned her back to it, blankly absorbing the shock from her wounds.

Her teeth grit against each other as the skin on her back erupted with searing pain. Blood dribbled down in small waves, slowly easing up while she tried to clean the wounds. Sometime during the battle she got thrown to the ground, skidding across the sand, tearing up her flesh and giving her vicious friction burns. She was wearing a pair of loose trousers, pulling them on so she wasn't bare after her shower. Luckily she had caught the crimson liquid running down her spine before it reached the waistline of her beige pants.

"Hey, Violet! Me and Johnny are going to leave for a restaurant soon, are you joining-"

Gyro's voice broke while his breath hitched. It seemed like some unknown force gripped his throat. His sights were glued to Violet's pale back in the reflection, eyes widening when he saw the scrapes and shredded skin. Something inside his chest tightened and tugged, making it hard to breathe.

Worry.

He was worried to hell about her. He was worried about the blood stained on her pale skin. He was worried about the muscle tissue exposed beneath her wounds. He was worried about the lack of reaction when he walked in. He was worried about the metallic shine that replaced her arms. It didn't matter how much he convinced himself it was just the fact that he was a doctor, but it didn't stop him from aching more than usual.

"Oh, merda, Violet."

Her head slightly turned to him, careful not to move her upper body and expose her unclothed chest. Out of instinct, her arms swung to cover herself, hiding the shine of steel with her torn back, which looked much worse when he moved to look at it instead of its mirror image.

As much as Gyro wanted to respect her privacy and decency, he couldn't help but inch closer, lightly pressing a gentle hand on one of the numerous tears. He frowned when she flinched aggressively, her entire body curling further into herself. He didn't have time to waste. At the purple-ish hue around her wounds and the lack of reaction to his words, she had already lost a considerable amount of blood. He sought out the cloth that was sitting in a bucket of water, placed right beside the stool Violet perched on.

"Let me help, yeah?"

The subtle nod she gave him assured him that he could continue. Gently, softly, he brushed the rag against her ivory back, watching her muscles twitch and spasm in pain. He was respectful, taking advantage of her didn't even cross his mind as he continued to swipe at her scrapes. His emerald gaze drifted to one particularly bad spot on her left shoulder, the wound deeper and bloodier than the rest. The torn skin stretched from beneath her shoulder blade and stopped near her neck.

He sighed, slightly agitated that she kept her injuries to herself. He was a doctor for god's sake! Even Johnny, who he had just had a disagreement with, let him treat his wounds. As he continued his ministrations, his mind sailed to her arms. Still guarded by her body, he couldn't get a better look at the metallic prosthetic...? If it even was a prosthetic. He barely caught a flashing glimpse of the lack of flesh and bone on her arms and he could only slightly see the cutoff from her skin to the steel.

Gyro knew it would be an extremely personal experience if she told him, and as much as he wanted to know what happened he didn't want to tear it from her. Hell, he didn't even know her until around two weeks ago. Travelling together creates a different kind of bond, held together by the janky and unexpected nails of their broken tents and the warm, rocky rim around the campfires.