Chapter 25

As the plane soared higher into the sky, Taehyung was seated by the window, his little face pressed against the glass

As the plane soared higher into the sky, Taehyung was seated by the window, his little face pressed against the glass. His eyes were wide with wonder, and his small hands were pressed against the windowpane as if trying to touch the clouds outside.

"Daddy, wook! We're flying wike a bird!" Taehyung exclaimed, his voice laced with awe and excitement.

Jungkook, who was seated next to him, smiled fondly. "Yes, baby, we are! Isn't it amazing?"

Taehyung nodded vigorously, his eyes shining with pure delight. "Yes, it's amazin'! Wook, clouds are fluffy!"

Jungkook couldn't help but feel a warmth spread through his chest. Taehyung's innocent fascination with the world around him served as a constant reminder of the beauty in the simplest of things.

However, as the flight continued, Jungkook's concern began to rise. He found himself checking on Taehyung every few minutes or reaching out to gently touch Taehyung's chest, feeling the rise and fall of each breath. 

Taehyung noticed his father's anxious behaviour and wrinkled his tiny nose.

"Daddy, why you touchin' me?" Taehyung asked, his brows furrowing slightly.

Jungkook blinked, realizing he might have been overdoing it. He chuckled awkwardly. "Oh, uh, I'm just making sure you're okay, baby."

Taehyung huffed, his lower lip sticking out in an adorable pout. "I'm okay, Daddy. Don't worry 'bout me."

Jungkook smiled at his attempt to reassure him. He ruffled Taehyung's hair and nodded. "Alright, bub. I trust you."

Taehyung's pout turned into a victorious grin. "Yup, I'm tough."

Jungkook chuckled softly. "That you are."

A cheeky glint sparkled in Taehyung's eyes as he leaned closer to Jungkook. "But Daddy, if you worry 'bout me so much, maybe you need nap too. You look tired."

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise, and he laughed. "Oh, really? Do I look that tired?"

Taehyung nodded vigorously. "Yup, like grandpa after big dinner."

Jungkook couldn't hold back his laughter, and even Seokjin, who was seated across the aisle, chuckled at Taehyung's innocent honesty.

"You know what, Taehyung," Jungkook said, his tone playfully dramatic, "you're right. Daddy needs a nap, just like you said."

Taehyung clapped his hands in glee. "See, I'm smart!"

Jungkook leaned closer to Taehyung and whispered conspiratorially, "Yes, you are the smartest."

Taehyung beamed, his eyes shining with happiness. "I know, Daddy! Now, let me look out."

Taehyung turned his attention back to the window. Jungkook watched him for a moment before he leaned closer again, this time gently poking Taehyung's cheek. Taehyung swatted his hand away, clearly irritated now.