Martin X Reader

Y/n is gender neutral - They/Them pronouns used

Summary: Y/n and Martin go out to feed some giraffes together, and also reveal their feelings.

Relationship: Crushing - dating

______________________________

"Y/n... Y/nnnnn... WAKE UP!" 
Y/n's hammock shook as Martin yelled at them, causing them to tumble to the ground with a groan.
"Oops... Sorry Y/n." 
"Martin if you don't explain why you woke me up this early right this second I swear-"
"Woah woah woah! Before you threaten to strangle me lets go outside. I don't wanna risk waking the bear." He motioned above to a snoring Chris.
Y/n softly chuckled as they got up and brushed them self off. 
"I doubt he would have. A meteor could hit the Tortuga right now and he wouldn't even flinch." 
Martin snicked. "Fair point. But come on. Or else we're gonna miss it!" Martin whisper-shouted as he led Y/n outside. 
"Miss what exactly?"
"You'll see..."

Martin drug Y/n by the hand, making them blush. 
The outside was warm, the sun just beginning to rise in the distance. 
Speaking of distance, Martin sure was taking them pretty far from the Tortuga.
"Martin you better not get us lost..." Y/n mumbled as they looked down at the ground, careful to not trip on a rock. Face planting into the dirt in front of her friend, and crush, was the last thing they needed. 
Martin looked over his shoulder, flashing Y/n a smile. "Trust me, Y/n!"
"I do trust you! I do not trust your navigation skills." 
"You're so dramatic." Martin chuckled as he held his hand out to help Y/n climb up a mountain. He didn't want them to trip either. He'd rather he tumbled down the sandy mountain than them. "Besides, we're here." 

Y/n's eyes widened and mouth fell open as they took in the scene in front of them. 
"An entire herd of giraffes!" They exclaimed. 
Martin chuckled. "Actually they're called a tower. Not a herd." 
"Huh, interesting..." Y/n whispered. They didn't want to scare the animals off.
Martin reached up and plucked a branch of leaves off the tree above them. 
"Here," He held it out to them. "They love this stuff." 
Y/n held their hands up and shook their head. "Oh no," They began. "They wont like me. I'll probably spook them off." 
Martin laughed and shook his head. "No you won't. Here, just go like this," Martin stood behind Y/n and wrapped their hands around the branch, then he wrapped his own hands around theirs. "Now just hold it out..." 
And just like that a hungry giraffe walked right over to them, barely having to lean its long neck down to munch on the leaves.
"Whoa..." Y/n breathed out. 
Martin smiled down at them. He could have sworn he saw stars in their eyes. But he couldn't blame them. He probably got them with every creature he came across. 

"I wish we could do this every day." Y/n said softly. They reached up and lightly stroked the giraffes nose, making the creature lean into their touch. Y/n giggled and smiled. 
"Well we probably could," Martin said as he watched. His left hand felt cold without Y/n's in it. "Maybe not with giraffes all the time, but there are other animals out there that would happily let you do this."
"As long as you're with me I don't care what animal it is." Y/n said.
Martin blushed, looking back and forth between Y/n and the giraffe. 
Y/n leaned their head back and smiled up at the tall male. A light shade of pink making its way across their cheeks. "I really like you, Martin. Like... Like you... And I understand if you don't feel the same way, but I can't keep hiding it from you." 

Martin looked down at Y/n. He searched their face for any sign of fibbing. But he found nothing. 
"Really? You mean it?" He asked astonished. 
Y/n laughed, turning around to face him as the giraffe took the branch from them and placing their hands on his shoulders. "Yes I mean it!" 
"I just... I can't believe you like me too! I mean... Whoa!" Martin's eyes widened as a grin spread across his face.
"So I'll take that as a yes to me taking you out to dinner?" 
Martin chuckled and kissed the side of Y/n's cheek, making the shade of pink go to a shade of red. 
"Yes. You most certainly can take me out for dinner."