Chris X Reader Request

This was requested by
@Wild-Kratt-Fan-100

Y/n is male - he/him pronouns are used

Summary: Y/n has a huge fear of sharks, Chris explains to him that they're not as scary as he thinks

Relationship: dating

Personally my biggest fear is sharks so I hope you don't mind that I used that for this! I hope you enjoy it, thanks for the request!
_______________________________

Y/n ran down the hall, hands at the sides of his face in an attempt to block out Jimmy from his peripheral vision.
"Look, Y/n, they're so cool looking!" He chased after the boy with his phone that shinned a big picture of a great white shark.
"Knock it off, Jimmy! I mean it!" Y/n shouted.

Y/n quickly dashed into the main room of the Tortuga, sporting his boyfriend and running to hide behind him.
"Chris! Save me!" Y/n yelled as he wrapped his arms around Chris' waist and buried his face into his back.
"What's happening?" Chris asked, clearly very confused why a snickering Jimmy was bolting towards them.
"Just one look, Y/n!" Jimmy shouted, sticking his phone towards Y/n, who refuses to lift his head up from Chris' body.
"Nuh uh, no way, not happening!"
Chris took Jimmy's phone, making the ginger whine. And then it all clicked. "Really, Jimmy?" Chris said, not at all amused. "Not funny dude. You know he's terrified of sharks." Chris turned Jimmy's phone off and handed it back to the boy.

Jimmy shrugged with a smirk on his face. "I was just trying to help him get over his fear. Sharks are so cool! There's no need to be afraid of them!"
"Yes there is!" Y/n's muffled voice spoke out.
"That was still really mean to do."
"Thank you!"
"But he does have a point, Y/n."
"TRAITOR!" Y/n shouted as he pulled away from their boyfriend, frowning at the male.

"Sharks are really important for keeping the oceans ecosystem in balance!" Chris explained with a smile. "If we didn't have sharks then many other species in the ocean would die off."
Y/n crossed his arms, turning away from Chris with a puff. "I suppose that's true... But they're so mean! And agressive!"
Chris smiled at Y/n and took his hand, gently guiding them towards the big computer. His fingers dash across the key board until he finally pulls up a picture. Y/n yelped, hiding behind Chris again as a giant picture of a shark came up.

"This is a whale shark, do you know what they eat?" Chris asked.
"Probably cute baby seals and people..." Y/n mumbled.
"Nope! They're filter feeders! Despite being the largest shark in the ocean, they don't hunt! They just munch on plankton."
Y/n slowly stuck his head around, gripping onto Chris' arm as he looked at the picture. "I guess that's kind of sweet..." He mumbled.
Chris guided Y/n to stand in front of him, wrapping his arms around his chest and pulling him close. "And here's a nurse shark, they're known to let people swim with them and even pet them! Oh and here's a leopard shark! They're known to..." Chris continued to ramble on about sharks with a sparkle in his eye. Y/n had stopped listening long ago and was focused on the cute grin Chris had as he explained the marine animal to him.

When Chris finally realized he wasn't getting a reaction to any of his facts he looked down to see Y/n staring up at him with a smile on his lips and love in his eyes.
"What?" Chris questioned.
Y/n softly laughed, kissing the side of his cheek. "You're just so cute when you tell your little facts."
Chris blushed, clearing his voice and looking at the screen with a shy smile. "Well uh thank you! I um... Think you gripping onto me when you were so scared was pretty adorable." He chuckled.
Y/n groaned and lightly gave him a shove. "You're a jerk."
"But you love me!"
"Unfortunately."
"Hey!" Chris shouted making Y/n erupt into laughter. He smiled and shook his head. "I'm really proud of you, Y/n." He softly said.
Y/n simply shrugged. "I'm not about to go swimming with sharks any time soon, but I have a bit more respect for them now."

Chris placed a kiss on top his forehead, making Y/n giggle and squirm underneath his grip.
"I'm still very proud of you."