Chris X Reader (request)

This was requested by WonderCityGirl 

Y/n is written as female - she/her pronouns used

Summary: Y/n has a nightmare and goes for a walk to clear her head, Chris worries when he wakes to an empty bed. 

Relationship: Dating 

Note: So sorry for this taking so long to come out! My Chromebook (Which is what I used to write on) died (rip Charles the Chromebook), but luckily I got a MacBook now! Thank you for being so patient!
______________________________________

Y/n tossed and turned in her sleep, face scrunched up in discomfort, sweat dripping down her body as she mumbled incoherent words under her breath. Suddenly she shot up, gasping for air and frantically looking around the room. 
But she saw nothing, only her boyfriend peacefully snoring next to her. The sight made her smile slightly, but the nightmare she just had kept playing in her head, making her frown and get out of bed. 
Y/n made sure Chris was nicely tucked under the covers and gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead before slipping on her shoes and leaving the Tortuga.
It was late, almost three in the morning, and the moon didn't help a whole lot with light, but she needed a quick walk. She needed to clear her head.

Chris stirred in his sleep, turning his body and reaching out to touch his girlfriend and wrap his arms around her like he always did. But instead all he felt was warm sheets. 
He peaked his eye open and saw her side of the bed empty. Chris lightly propped himself up on one elbow and looked toward their shared bathroom. The door was cracked open and the light was off. She wasn't there.
"Y/n..?" he mumbled out with a yawn. But he got no response. "Y/n are you out there?" Chris said a little louder this time. Still no response. Now he was worried.
Chris quickly got out of bed and slipped his sneakers out, it was a good thing he slept with socks on, despite how weird Y/n thought it was. 
He slipped on his jacket and grabbed Y/n's and made his way out the Tortuga.

"Y/n?" Chris shouted into the night. "Where are you?" He was trying his best to not sound worried. But truth be told, he was. Chris loves animal, absolutely adores them. But he also knows how dangerous they can be. And the thought of his girlfriend accidentally crossing an irritated leopard looking for a midnight snack made his bones chill. 

"Y/n, where are you? Come on you're seriously starting to freak me out now!" His voice lightly wavered. 
"Chris?" A voice called out. "I'm over here!" 
Chris ran off to where the sound of the voice was coming from, and was met with Y/n sitting against a tree, arms wrapped around herself as she shivered from the wind bitting at her skin. Chris quickly crouched down to her and wrapped her jacket around her. He then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest. "You scared me! What are you doing out here? It's late and freezing!" he fretted.
Y/n chuckled, scratching the back of their neck. "I um..." She sighed, looking down at the ground in embarrassment, and slight shame. "I had a nightmare... I didn't want to wake you up so I came out here for a walk. I'm so sorry for scaring you, I wasn't trying to! Honest!" 

Chris sighed, kissing the top of Y/n's head and rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand. "It's alright. But please wake me up next time. I don't mind. I want to be there to help you and hold you." He whispered softly. 
Y/n hummed and slumped against his body, a yawn escaping her lips.
"Tired?" Chris asked.
"Yeah..." She rubbed her eyes. "But I'm scared to go back to sleep."
"Why's that?"
"Because I might have that dream again..." 

Chris lifted Y/n into his arms and began walking them back to the Tortuga. "Well I'm with you, we can stay up longer if you'd like. Put on a movie, or talk. Whatever you'd like."
"Hmmm..." Y/n hummed as Chris sat her back down on their bed. "Could we cuddle? I just really want to hold you and be held right now." She asked.
Chris smiled at her, slipping under the cover and pulling her close to his body. "Like I said," He kissed her lips. "Whatever you want."

Y/n laid her head down on Chris' chest, the sound of his beating heart lulling her back to sleep. Chris smiled down at the sight, placing one last gentle kiss on top of her head before falling asleep himself. 
Y/n fell asleep that night with a small smile on her lips. She knew for the future to wake Chris up if she was ever scared, because he'd always be there for her. And she would do the same for him.