Chapter 18

The next morning Thea knew that she had to go to school so that she could keep up with appearances. She no longer hung out with the people who had gotten her in trouble in the past and she didn't know just how much better her life could be by letting them go earlier than she did in the other timeline. She did have time to talk to her brother before she left for school though.

"Hey Ollie. Do you have a minute?" Thea asked.

"Yeah, What's up?" Oliver asked.

"Can you come and pick me up from school today? You and I have somewhere we need to go. I will tell you about it when you pick me up." Thea said.

"Yeah. I will be there. What time?" Oliver asked.

"3:30 will be fine. Thanks Ollie." Thea said as she gave him a hug and then left the house and had her driver take her to school.

. . .

The day went by fast. She was actually surprised at that. She made her way out of the school and saw her brother was there waiting for her. She smiled at him and made her way to the car and they both sat in the back seat as Diggle drove them.

"So, what is this about?" Oliver asked.

"There is something that I have to tell you and it might be hard to hear. You have another sister, that is dad's and we are going to go and talk to her. If we talk to her, she might not turn out the way that she did in the future." Thea said.

"How did she turn out in the future?" Oliver asked.

"I wasn't around, but what I heard from the others, she joined a group when she was younger and by the time you had been back for seven years, she was the head of this group and she was a problem for you. I am hoping that we can change that." Thea said.

"That would be nice." Oliver said as the car pulled up to the apartment that Thea had found out about earlier.

Both of them got out of the car and went into the building and Thea found the door to the apartment that they were looking for. She knocked and waited for someone to answer. It took a minute, but not long later a girl who looked to be a couple of years younger than Oliver answered the door.

"Oliver and Thea Queen? What are the two of you doing here?" Emiko asked.

"To tell you the truth, we were looking through some of dad's old stuff and we found out about you. I wish my parents would have told us about you before now. It would have been nice to have a sister for all of my life." Thea said.

"Ok. I hate to look suspiciously at the two of you, but what are you really doing here?" Emiko asked.

"I know my mother has been a bitch to you and your mother, but we want to get to know you as our sister, if that is something that you are interested in." Oliver said.

"I have wanted to know both of you since I learned about you. I don't know if this is something that I can do now. Can I think about it for a while and let you know?" Emiko asked.

"Sure you can, Emiko. Just know that the both of us are being genuine with our offer. We want to get to know you. We might not be able to give you the money that you deserve, but we can offer you a family." Thea said.

"I will think about it. Thanks for coming by though." Emiko said.

"Here is my number. Give me a call if you want to try this family thing." Oliver said and Emiko took the number and put it in her pocket.

They said their goodbyes and made their way back to the car.

"So, how did it go?" Diggle asked when they both got into the car.

"It went about as well as you would expect. She is going to think about our offer. It looked promising though." Thea said.

"Yeah. After she got over the fact that she thought we were just there to rub everything in her face, she actually looked like she would like to get to know us." Oliver said.

"Well, that's good. I hope she takes the chance to get to know the both of you. I think it would be good for her, from what I've heard." Diggle said.

"We hope she takes the chance, but we can't force anything on her. So, let's get to the bunker and train for a while. I am going to work with you some more with a sword, Ollie." Thea said.

"Why do I need to learn how to use the sword? I am good enough with my arrows." Oliver said.

"There will come a time when you need to use a sword, and if you have the training already, it will help you out." Thea said.

"Let me guess. I got my ass kicked." Oliver said.

"Everyone thought you were dead. I didn't know about all of this at the time, but you were gone for a long time and when I did find out about all of this, I was told that everyone else thought you were dead." Thea said.

"So, who was on the team at that point?" Oliver asked.

"You, Roy, Laurel, and Diggle. A girl named Felicity was your tech person." Thea said.

"Why did you pick Barbara this time then?" Oliver asked.

"I was told to when I was sent back. Felicity was a good person, she just acted on her emotions too often and sometimes it would cause problems." Thea said.

"Yeah. We don't need that. I guess you did the right thing then." Oliver said.

"I was also told that you need to be with Laurel, so I think that is another reason why I was told to pick Barbara." Thea said.

"So, this Felicity and I ended up together?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, you did. Now I think it is time to get to training." Thea said as she went to change clothes so that she and Oliver could train for a while.