Chapter 2

January 7, 2021

Hwa-Young POV

I am the social butterfly my parents always wanted me to be which is why I am so surprised of how I feel today. I usually don't get nervous around new people but something about today is different. It could be the fact that I will be meeting some very important people by the way that my new boss Min has described them. She was vague on the details but she did mention I needed to meet them in order to stay employed. Another reason for my feelings could be because I know he will be there.

The last time I saw him was over 6 years ago and I don't know how I will feel having him in front of me again. Of course I have kept up with his life all these years. I mean how could I miss it when he shows up everywhere I go. BTS is now international and there is no way to avoid them. I even attended some of their  concerts with my friends through out the years. Back when I was a trainee at the same company as BTS, I had the pleasure of spending time with them. I was supposed to be part of a new girl group that was going to debut around the same time as them. I was the younger of the bunch and the guys treated me like a little sister. They would bring me ramen when ever they escaped the dorms and I kept their secret. When I started attending their concerts I wanted to go backstage and see them but I always felt they had probably forgotten about me. I didn't forget them tho and everything they did for me in those years. I being a teenager full of uncontrollable hormones had the biggest crush on one of the members. I would stare at him for no reason at all when ever we shared the practice room. I had day dreams where he would grab me and push me against the wall and kiss me like he had never kissed anyone before. Once I moved to the US I figured I would forget about my crush but it didn't work out that way. I sometimes still day dream the same way I did many years ago.

Now with all that in my mind I don't know how I picked out an outfit but I did. I went with something simple and not so over the top. Not that I don't have luxurious pieces of clothing but I just didn't feel like I needed to be fake Hwa today. Usually I am in designer from head to toe to apiece my parents and mantain their names but today I want to be myself and not the daughter of a very prestigious family who do their best to not be ashamed of their independent daughter. It does not help that I refuse to live off the family business and have had a job since high school and have been paying my way since then. My parents have learned to accept it now but of course I can't be trusted when picking out my own clothes. It's my duty to represent the family and look like the hairess I am. It's a compromise that has taken me years to accept. I take everything they buy me and only use it when in a professional setting or when I have to visit them 2 sundays a month.

Min explained that dinner would be small and to dress comfortably and I took her suggestion. I decided on something from my own closet that I bought because I like it and not because I had to impress someone. I love my white sleeveless turtle neck ribbed dress and cream sweater that I have pulled down to give me a cold shoulder look. My hair is down and I haven't done much to it except used my Dyson hairdryer to give it a little volume at the ends. I look simple and this is my favorite me.

Min didn't tell me a lot about this afternoon. Only that I would get to see the other members and some VIPs. I haven't met a lot of people in the company yet since this is only my second week. I did meet Sun-Hee and she has become my favorite person. She is extra sweet and has been training me since day one and I don't know how I will replace her. She is amazing at her job. I have also met a few of the guys and to my surprise they did remember me. Jhope, Namjoon and Jin were there for my second interview and as soon as they saw me their faces lit up with recognition. We shared stories of our trainees years and it was nice to catch up with them. I know I only got the job because my step dad is friends with Jin's dad but it felt good to know they were happy I was there.