LilaH short 1: The push I needed

We see F/N in his Workshop working on the device. He was giving it the finishing touches before he raised his goggles up to take a good look at it.

F/N: (inhales then exhaled) Okay, 83rd times the charm.

He flips the switch as it turns on. He crossed his fingers, hoping that this will finally be the day he can find the location of his beloved and that she's okay. The screen starts to static until he finally started to work as he sees a familiar face.

???: Yes! It works! (Spins around in her chair) Ha ha! Take that Scie-

As he sees this, he smiles with joy until the machine starts to spark then explodes in his face again.

F/N: No! Nonononononono! Don't do this to me!  (Starts shaking the machine) I was close to find out where she's been!

He drops the machine then walks away to a nearby table with a bunch of stuff on it and places his hands on the table and stood there in silence.

F/N:......... RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! (Slings the stuff on the table to the side and on to the floor.)

Meanwhile in the TV room we see Huey, Dewey and Louie sitting on the couch watching TV until they heard some noises coming from upstairs.

Louie: What the heck was that?

Dewey: That sounds like that came from Dad's Workshop!

Huey: We better go see if he's alright.

The boys get off the couch and head towards the Workshop.

Back in the workshop we see F/N with his hands on his head, depressed that after so many attempts no matter how much he tried, he couldn't find his wife and his children's mother. Then all of the sudden he felt something tap his leg. He looks down to see a little wooden box with a crescent moon engraved on it. He gasps and picks it up as he remembers something special about this box.

We get a flashback of F/N before he became a cyborg holding something behind his back with a smile on his face as he approached his wife, Della Duck as she was with Huey, Dewey, and Louie when they were eggs.

F/N: Ah, there's the most beautiful woman in the entire universe. I've been looking all over for you.

Della: Ah, thanks hun.

The two give each other a kiss. Then Della noticed that F/N was hiding something behind his back.

Della: Hey, F/N. What's that you've got behind your back?

F/N: I've made a little something that I wanna show you. But first, close your eyes.

Della: What? Why?

F/N: It's a surprise. Come on, please.

Della: Oh, alright you big dork.

She closed her eyes. As F/N was about to take out what was behind his back, Della opened one of her eyes, causing F/N to notice.

F/N: Ah! No peeking~.

Della: (closed her eye) [laughingly] Okay, okay, fine.

F/N: (Takes the box from behind his back) Aaaaaand open your eyes.

Della opens her eyes to see the wooden box in his hands as he hands it to her as she looks at it in amazement.

F/N: It's a music box. You know, for that song you wrote for the boys. It took me a while to try to come up with the right notes for it.

Della: Wow, that's awesome honey. Thank you so much!

F/N: Well, go on. Open it, see how it sounds.

Then we cut back to the present to see F/N holding the music box. He opens it to see a tiny crescent moon with some stars as music starts to play from it.

F/N: 🎵Look to the stars my darling baby boys. (Starts shedding a tear) Life is strange and vast. Filled with wonders and joys. Face each new sun with eyes clear and true. Unafraid of the unknown. Because I'll face it all with you.🎵

As the song finished, we heard a knock on his door.

Louie: Hey, Dad? Is everything alright in there?

Dewey: Yeah, we heard some crashing in here along with screaming.

F/N closed the box and set it on the table then walks towards the door as he sees his boys look up at him with worried looks on their faces.

Huey: Whoa! Dad is everything okay? You look upset.

F/N noticed that he had a tear running down his face then wiped it away.

F/N: Yeah, I just had a little problem with my device. (Kneels down and hugs his kids.) But everything's alright now.

The boys hugged their father back and tried to make him feel better.

Louie: Well, whatever it is that you're working on, we know you'll get it working.

Huey: Because you're the Tech Genius Adventurer. There's not one  invention you've given up on.

Dewey: Plus you're the coolest dad ever. If anyone can do it, it's you.

F/N: Heh, Thanks boys. I really needed a push. (Thoughts) I really wish I could tell you what I'm working on and what it's for. But sadly I've made a promise not to tell. But don't you worry. (Shows the music box) I will find your mother, no matter what.

Then everything fades to black.

//Well I hope you guys enjoyed that short. This was one of the most emotional they've written. It even made me cry writing it. So what do you think? Should I write more shorts in the future? Let me know in the comments.