chapter 5

Priya's pov :

I was so lost...when I heard that the deal was off . When I recall Ma's face yesterday I just feel like an incompetent fool.
They are my parents and they did a lot for me. They never let me face any difficulties and all the luxuries were served on the silver platter for me...my life was like this being the small kid in the family means showered with lots of care and also I was never restricted or forced into doing things...my parents let me fly like a free bird.
Eventhough my thoughts do resemble a freebird my actions won't because I am no independent girl and I am so habituated to be dependent on them.
Now that they are dire need of someones help, I wanted to be that someone because my Nanna is like an idol for me and I dont want him to do anything which makes his selfrespect shatter. He is a proud man and I wanted it to be that way till the last day I breathe.
I bit my lips as I just couldn't find a way in whichever way I can help us out of this bloody situation.

I stomped my foot in annoyance as I scolded my brain to come handful in such circumstances, it stopped working apparently.

I dragged myself out of the huge building as I walked on the footpath infront of the building.
Many auto rickshaws stopping and asking where I wanna go...after waving 2-3 of them away, I sighed in defeat as I got on the next one.

When he asked me "Where do you wanna go madam.."
I just couldn't think of another place, I instinctively muttered Vaidya institutions name.
After a while, I realised but then I didn't say anything. I don't know what I will do going there, but I just don't want to give up without trying any means.
I googled the institute name and immediately a relevant website came ,which I tapped. But all it was displaying was about admissions results and stuff and I didn't really had interest anymore to gothrough that shitty website so I just swit hed to instagram seeing few memes trying to find little happiness.

After sometime I heard someone calling out.
"Madam destination arrived." The driver said politely.

" Uncl...sorry I mean bhaiya do you have a qr,I would gpay the money to you"I got down and asked the driver.
I should remind myself that I have grownup and I shouldn't be calling any one uncles anymore because they are not much elder than me, and I do remember when I received a dead glare from another auto guy whom i called an uncle since then i made sure I didn't repeat that.

"I don't have gpay madam." He said while he chewed on his paan which made me squint my eyes in disgust i just don't like cigarettes and this paan stuffs.

"But bhaiya I didn't carry any cash with me right now..." I said feeling a bit tensed too. How should I pay him?

He nodded his head as he placed the qr infront of me...I immediately sent 2000 to him as I need more cash to go back home too.

He gave me a wad of cash which was in denominations of 100s as he just had those notes. Now without wallet i had to carry that. It was looking odd but i had no other choice.
When I sauntered near the rickshaw he was on call, I placed the charge money in his hands as I walked towards the entrance.
Just when I was about to enter the gate  I felt a grip on the backside of the kurta which nearly made me startled to death. It was an old lady who was looking at my hands constantly.
I still had almost 1500  rupees and she was looking so pitifully and starved.
"You want to eat something Amma??" I asked her to which she nodded her head.

In normal circumstance I would have given all the money with me to her but now in this situation where we are at the verge of bankruptcy I just couldn't bring to give them away so easily yet I can't do nothing because it will make me regret for sure, so i just took two hundred rupee notes and placed in her hands saying to have a good meal.

"You will always stay happy amma" she blessed me which brought a genuine smile on my face.

I took steps towards the reception as soon as I entered the place.

"How can I help you?" The women in her late twenties asked as soon after noticing me.

"Can you please make me meet the head of this institution?" I asked.

Immediately she frowned as she said
" Mam I only answer queries regarding the treatment and stuff for the administrative purposes you can go straight and then left. You can consult that place." She guided me.
I smiled gratefully and moved towards the direction she showed but not before thanking her.

When I reached the place which was less chaotic than the reception area everything was well organised and a pin drop silence was maintained as though there was someone there to monitor them and fire if a single noise is made.

Its not the time for me to care about such things to I went to the desk and asked
" Excuse me can I meet the head of this institute?"

The guy who had almost bald head with a pot belly looked at me in an uninterested way as he said
" who are you."

" Um...I am a doctor too I want to talk with him regarding some important issue." I said looking at him hopefully.

"He wont meet anyone without prior notice, when you come next time book an appointment before." He said and continued doing his work, ignoring my presence.

"But can I ask for the appointment now?" I asked.

He glared at me as he raised his voice speaking " Why don't you understand you can't meet him without any appointment and no you can't take it now."

I was so embarrassed because now everyone was looking in my direction few giving me a stink eye as if I am a nasty insect disrupting their so called beautiful silence while others looks were filled with pity.

I pushed back the tears which were threatening to fall as I walked out from there. It was really to much for me to handle.

While I was walking someone called me  which made me hault.
I turned around rubbing few tears whick slipped on the cheeks.
" yes??" I said looking at the guy who was in his late twenties.
He was looking at me with little pity which made me bow my head.
Pity never goes well with me.

" Can I  know why you want to talk with our chairman?" He asked.

"Why should I tell you that." I said defensively.

"So that I can help you miss..." he trailed off.
I immediately said " Priya... I am priya. And I want to talk with chairman about some business deal, so that I can convince him."

I didn't know if there will be a good outcome opening up to a complete stranger but I just had no other way, when he offers help I just wish he really does that.

" ms.Priya I really felt bad for the behaviour of my boss so I  wanted to help you. But you really cant meet chairman directly. I dont know if its correct to say this but the granson of the chairman works in the hospital as a doctor. Why dont you try and talk with him." He said.

Something is better than nothing so I immediately said
"Thankyou so much....can you please tell me his details."

"Nevermind but I request you to not say out ky name because revealing his identity will do no good to me if anyone finds out I was the one who said it out. So please make sure you dont bring my name into this." He warned me lightly.

He really helped me and I would not do anything that would do harm him.

" You go to the reception and ask her to show the way towards the cabin of Dr.Vedank of General surgery department. He is the one, I hope it will be useful to you." He said.

"Thankyou so much I'll be forever grateful to you." I said I didn't asked for his name because I thought its better that way.
But I really am so grateful for his help.
I went to the reception and asked for the address of Dr.Vedank.
She said few sets of left and right which made me so confused.
I scrached my head as I thought I would ask the directions along the way.
After nearly roaming around for 20 mins in the surgery department I was feeling thirsty yet I didn't find his cabin anywhere.

Just when I was going to ask a nurse to show way to me I heard a voice which made me stop in my tracks.

...

Vote.comment.share