chapter 11

Priya's pov:

Nanna joined us both in few minutes and this situation was the correct definition of engulfed in silence making it entirely awkward for me.

"I want to marry your daughter sir" Vedank voice boomed over my ears breaking the shackling silence.

I cluctched my hands tightly as I'm little afraid of Nanna's reaction. Because for me it means a lot.

"She is my little kid and forever will be. How can I be sure that you could take care of her?" Nanna questioned ,this time his voice sounded more emotionally than the initial harshness he displayed .

"Sir , From now onwards Priya is my responsibility. And I never turn back on my responsibilities, I  do my part fulfilling them." He said.
I was disappointed hearing this...for me the term responsibility sounds synonymous to burden.
He could have chose better words...something like love or even better he could have said I'm his life ,so what it was a lie. Atleast it would have ensured Nanna that I'm in safe hands.

"I can see that Vedank. But the situations now aren't in our favour so I'm afraid if she will be mistreated in your home." Nanna asked.
"Sir its not a dailysoap opera that she has evil mother in law or sister in laws. I live along with my grandfather and my brother sometimes. But most of the days I prefer to stay at my apartment ,alone. So I guess we don't have ny villains in our family." He answered.

He is talking lot today...what happens to that tongue of his when he is with me.

Don't tell me he gets tongue-tied looking at my beauty.

'Learn some self awareness 'my brain taunts brought me back to the reality.

"Ok then I agree for the marriage. But I don't want my daughter to experience any problems. " Nanna said using his harshest tone possible ,might be thinking to scare this Vedank but what Nanna doesn't know is this silent log for me looks like a reincarnated devil.

I was shocked at how fast Nanna agreed and rejoiced mentally thanking all the gods I've been praying since his arrival.

"I asked my grandfather he said 10 days from now is a good day for wedding. We will takecare of all the works." Vedank said.

"10 days are too little for preparations. And its our honour to make our daughter's wedding memorable and we won't let you take away that right from us. We will manage ourselves."Nanna said.

"Ok sir then I'll take my leave. I have few attendants waiting for me." Vedank said taking his leave...I took a breathe in relief as everything turned good.

That day Nanna called and informed Anna abour the upcoming marriage. He was shocked...but after convincing for few minutes he agreed to come after a week, three days before wedding because this week Vadina has her clinical exams.
I think Nanna still didn't explained Anna about our financial crisis but now that we are going past that I think it better stay burried forever.

From then Ma was full on shopping mode that she was irritating me with blouse designs , kancheevaram sarees ,pochampally sarees and so on. I don't know why we should shop this much.
I've never worn a saree if we could make the one I've worn on my saree function.
But now I'm gifted with 100s of sarees and many more to come.
Am not going to wear them after the wedding ceremony so I don't understand the need of them.
But kept quite as I don't want another catfight with ma.
Just yesterday she was buying an expensive necklace set which has white diamonds carved into drop shapes. It was one of the beautiful sights my eyes come across.
But I was already irritated with the money my parents spending fir my marriage.
Already we don't have much and now they are spending them like water.
So I shouted on her saying I want a simple marriage just like Anna and Vadina.