chapter 12

Priya's pov:

I wanted to disappear from this world,realizing that he saw me shedding tears like a river and my face might be looking like a character from prashant neel's movie after my makeup ruined. I so wish the words that the makeup is waterproof is not just a marketing jimmick and works truly.

I quitely took his hand kerchief and carefully blotted my tears not ruining my appearance even more.

After morethan 1 hr we reached a huge mansion kind of thing which was even bigger and magnificent than my home.
I don't know if it could be my home ever...

I bit my lips as I got down from my seat with much dufficulty. I was wearing heavy things on me that made it really difficult for me, being seated in the same position after a longday made my legs cramp a bit.
Sighing I carefully stepped out,thankfully the driver was holding his hand out for me.
I smiled gratefully as I thanked him.
Vedank was already at the doorstep removing his garland,hanging it on his forearm...running his another hand through his hair.

I quickened my pace to catch up and we were welcomed with nearly 20 women dressed up in a similar sarees along with the aarti thali.

After they circled it around few times we are called inside. And there seated his grandfather and I looked at his brother whose back was facing me.

"Welcome home beta...this is now your home too. Feel free ok.
We don't have any females residing here so we don't know if there are any changes required here. You can do whatever you want to do.
And he is Sundar, our buttler. Please try to be polite with him,he is a family member to us." Grandfather said.

I already knew that Vedank's mother and father are dead. I don't know the cause but I didn't dare to ask him as it might be painful and unpleasant thing to ask anyone. If he feels comfortable he will share it with me.
And the only family he has is his Grandfather, a brother now Sundar and me.
Does he consider me as his family.
May be not now...but after few days he might treat me little better, I thought.

Grandpa was tired after the long day so he excused himself to his room.
Soon Vedank started walking and I followed him quitely. Even I wanted to change my clothes.
I hope the Ma sent my clothes which we've packed yesterday after her scolding me a lot to behave like a good girl by which she means to not act much stubborn and do my works properly and most importantly not being a lazy ass.
Hope I won't disappoint her much.

Vedank was walked in fast pace with the confident strides like he owns the place which he technically does while I might be panting like a dog till we reach the so called room because its really a tough job to maintain the same pace with him.

I just want to smack his head and warn him to walk slowly...and see my feet I just can't reach that tower.
Why does he have to be so tall...unreachable tower he is.
I laughed at my own thoughts and soon he opened a door. Just then grandfather called him,so he went away.
I just walked into the room enthusiastically because I wanted to see my future room,the one in will I stay most of my lie from now on. How do I know that?? Two aunties who saw me frozen in the corridoe said that's my room.
I frowned looking around the walls. I have braced myself for the grey walls ,white walls or even as dark as black. Interiors looking cold and shady . Black sheets on the bed with a grey comforter.
Everything screaming his personality. But all I come across are books on the cupboard which is visible just as we enter the room,as if that cupboard is made to grab attention and give us a knowledge of how much a bibliophile he is. And no he don't read any other books if they aren't related to medicine anyway.
Even the bedstand placed beside the bed has four books kept upon eachother and another open left open as if the reader stopped in the middle of reading. Don't tell me he is a bookworm. I'm not one and I cant imagine myself being one. I dreaded the fact that I now have to live with the biggest bookworm I've ever witnessed lifelong. Now I so wish that a contract existed in this marriage and then slapped myself for thinking thatway.
You are so judgemental. Just because he reads a lot doesn't mean he is a bad guy and honestly its you who are to be blamed for not having much interest in books.

Sometimes I feel like I've chosen a wrong profession for myself as I am not that dedicated nor determined to be a doctor.
It all started when the random relatives asled my 5 year self about what I wanna become in my future,as I had just watched shankar dada mbbs those days and automatically I said I want to be a doctor because I liked watching those people in white coats...and after that subconsciously I didn't have any other interests other than reading novels...but it never became more than a hobby so here I am...now a doctor...though I'll be certified only after an year of internship.

I am drowned in my thoughts which were disturbed the the creaking sound of the door which alerted me immediately.
I looked back to see Vedank coming inside while locking the door...

What should I do now??
Acknowledge him as my husband or should I just play as strangers.
Yes I'll just ignore him I have thought with full on attitude.

But he just walked past me ,immediately a frown adorned my face.
How dare he???
Such a rascal don't know that he should give some attention to his wife...that to on first night.

Suddenly he turned back...looks like he still have conscience.  I thought.

"You should be resting in the room beside to this." He said...impromptu he is just asking me to get out.

"Why??those aunties showed me that this is the room" I said.

Don't tell me he says we will not divorce but we will not stay in the same room too.
What the hell is his intentions.

"Today is the first day we shouldn't stay in the same room until the pooja is conducted...which is tomorrow. " he said.

Ohhh now I understand.
Tomorrow there will be usually a sathyanarayan vratham after marriage.
I thought we wont be having one owing to the fact that there are no women to know about these things. I guess I've thought wrong.

"Ohh ok." I muttered as I just went to another room, but this was locked to my dismay.
I just kicked the door in frustration.

May be I made lots of noise that Vedank came out frowning his eyebrows.

"Where is my room?" I whisperyelled.
I just want to sleep....i haven't slept peacefully since days. And to add my tensions as a new bride I had to wakeup early and do few rituals back at home.
He signalled to the opposide door.

I just opened that door and slumped on the bed.
I was too lazy to even get up to cover myself with a comforter.
Even the lights were on...i just placed my hand on forehead protecting my eyes from the blinding lights.

'You didn't even thank Vedank for showing you the room nor did you say sorry for disturbing him.' My mind mocked me.

Its ok i guess he should brace himself for the lifelong disturbance which he just signed himself with for the lifetime.

I grinned at my thoughts...he just brought himself trouble as I know i am not an easy person to handle sometimes ...yes only sometimes...the other times i am the best

***
Back after long break...
Won't make you guys for updates anymore