chapter 1

"Sweetie, it's time for dinner!" My mom called.

"Okay coming!" I said "just gotta finish this real quick!"

My brother Will walked in a few minutes later, more like 30 minutes cause I got distracted with what I was drawing. He came in and started getting all up in my business. He didn't even knock, he annoys me sometimes.

"Come eat, food is getting cold." He said leaving my room.

As I was leaving my room I was thinking about when I should come out to my mom ,and Will. But I don't think I will anytime soon though, I'm too nervous they will not accept me and make fun of me.

"Hey mom, can I eat in my room?" I said.

"Again!?!" Will said.

"Sure honey, but you barely eat down here. anymore. Is something wrong?" My mom asked.

"I'm fine." I said, while going back up to my room.

I could hear my brother talking about me. He's a prick though so I don't really care. He cares about me sometimes but not much only when he chooses to.

"Mom, it's concerning how much Katie is up in her room, she never leaves it." Will said.

"Well you know she's not the most social and she doesn't have many friends like you do" Their mom said.

"That shouldn't be an excuse." Will said.

"Just leave your sister be, give her a chance you guys only started at your new school 2 months ago." Their mom said.

"I'm just gonna go get ready for bed." Will said while walking upstairs.

"Tell Katie to get ready for bed too!" Their mom said.

*knock* "Come in." I said, as will peaked in.

"Mom wants you to get ready for bed." Will Said, as he walked in my room more.

"Okay." I said.

Sometimes I don't understand my brother, yeah he's cool and all but I don't really understand him. I walked out of my room to take a shower, he followed right behind me and went to his room. As I left the bathroom the house was silent, I went downstairs to see if mom was awake but she fell asleep on the couch.

"Mom..." I whispered. " You need to go to your bed." I said.

I walked her to her bedroom and tucked her in. She hasn't been in the best mental state since our dad died a few months ago, so we try to help her as much as possible. Word got around school that we don't have a dad but people have stayed pretty quiet about it for now. I left my mom's room and turned all the lights off in the house and went back to my room.

"Katie can I talk to you for a sec?" Will said, peeking into my room.

"Sure." I said.

He grabbed a chair from the corner of my room that I read from, and pulled it up to my bed.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"Depends what the question is." I said.

" Is there something wrong?" He asked. "You know you can tell me what's going on."

I had to sit there and think if I wanted to tell him the truth or not.

" umm, I guess I kinda just miss dad." I said.

Ever since dad died I went quiet, and didn't talk to anyone, and became kinda a hermit that didn't want to leave their room.

" Is that why you don't really leave your room anymore, and why you became so quiet?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

He gave me a hug, and kinda just sat there.

Will is a good brother when he chooses to be, he's 17 so he can be a jerk when it comes to him and his friends.

"I'm gonna go to bed now." Will said.

"Okay I am too." I said to Will as he closed my door.