chapter 2

"Katie!" My mom yelled. " Time to wake up, you're gonna be late to school!"

I got up and got ready for school.

When we got to school people kept looking at me bit I ignored it, and went to my locker. When I was putting my stuff in my locker I felt someone poke my shoulder.

"Oh look at Miss Fatherless." Said one of my classmates.

"What do you want from me!" I said.

"The thing talks, WOW!" she said.

Everyone started laughing at me and what she said. As everyone was laughing, someone came from the crowd of the laughing people.

"Callie what the fuck is wrong with you, leave her alone that was very insensitive to say." The person said.

Everyone kinda went away after that sighing, the girl that defended me kinda just stayed by me.

" What's your name?" She asked, as I closed my locker.

"Um my name is Katie..." I said.

"Hello Katie, nice to meet you, my name is Sarah." She said.

This was the first person that's talked to me at school that actually stood up for me against the bullies, it kinda made me happy.

"What class are you going to?" Sarah asked.

"Science."I said.

"Oh, I'm going to science too." She said.

We walked to science together, I was still trying to get over the fact that someone stood up for me. It's never happened before. I've kinda just got used to getting bullied.

"Hey, are you doing anything after school?" Sarah asked.

"No not really, just doing homework and sitting in my room." I said with a smile on my face.

"Would you like to come over after school and do homework together?" Sarah asked.

"Uhh sure." I said.

"Great!" She said as we sat down in science.

I am over the moon excited but not too excited, cause this doesn't mean anything. But what if we are like friends now, I don't know I'm confused.