chapter 3

After school, me and Sarah met up by our lockers and grabbed our stuff and started walking to her house. A few seconds later Will called me and asked where I was, I guess he cared for once. I told him I was going to a friend's house when I didn't know if we were friends yet, it was a stupid thing to say. Will sounded confused but just hung up.

"Is everything okay?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, just my brother getting in my business again." I said.

"Oh, siblings can be annoying sometimes." She said.

"Yeah, my brother can be really annoying sometimes and a prick but he actually cares sometimes." I said.

When we got to Sarah's house we walked in, and she introduced me to her family.

"Mom, this is Katie, my new friend." Sarah said standing next to me.

"Nice to meet you Katie." Sarah's mom said while shaking my hand.

After that we walked to her room and when we walked in I noticed a flag on her wall. It was, a lesbian flag.

"Sarah, are you lesbian?" I asked.

And respond saying " yes I sure am."

" I am too." I said excitedly.

"That's cool who knew we were both gays in a room." She said.

I started laughing. I had a friend I guess; I haven't had one of these since I was like 5, mainly because I avoided people. But this made me happy, I only met Sarah today but there was something about them that made me trust them.

"So, about the homework." Sarah said. " What should we start with first?"

"Well I only have Trigonometry homework." I responded.

"Same." Sarah said.

We got to work on the math homework, I was still trying to get over the fact I had a friend that well considered me their friend, and stood up for me.

"Hey, is something wrong? You got kinda quiet." She said.

"I'm just thinking I guess." I said.

"What are you thinking about? If you're comfortable saying, we only met today, I wouldn't blame ya." She said.

"Just kinda missing my dad a lot, ever since he died I went quiet and didn't talk to anyone." I said

Sarah gave me a hug as I went on more about stuff she knew I trusted her cause I told her. So I hope she doesn't tell anyone the stuff I told her.