Prologue

"It's not fair damn it, it's just not fair!" Eda cursed out loud, desperately trying to choke back her tears, while preventing Owl beast from rearing its ugly head. She could feel the beast scratching and clawing its way to the surface, desperately wanting to manifest itself. After Raine left, she thought that she had found love again and that things would be better. Oh, how wrong she was, in that brief moment of new-found happiness she had, fate had shown its dark hand and twisted the knife in her heart as it ripped that hope away.

"I'm sorry, but there was nothing I could have done to prevent it from happening," Eda turned her head to see the man who said that: he looked like a human in their early to mid-thirties, and his face was long and sharp-featured with an aristocratic-looking nose which was softened by a mass of dark brown hair, and his eyes were a soft blue, he was clad in a velvet frock coat coloured forest green, a white wing-tipped dress shirt and green coloured high trousers. It was the Doctor. A melancholic expression plastered upon his face "Even if I could have done anything, Camila chose to sacrifice her memories to get us out of that situation, it was her choice."

She balled her fists and gritted her teeth the Doctor was right about it being Camila's choice, but that didn't make it any easier let alone any fairer: the fact that Cami had to give up her memories of the Doctor, of the TARDIS, and her and their time together, all to save everyone from that cult of emotionless machine and nerve that called themselves the Cybermen. Oh Titan help her, those Cybermen struck too many nerves for her to count, they just reminded her of Belos and his cult of a coven system. Perhaps because of that, she wanted to go home. Maybe it could take her mind off of this...