Untitled Chapter 5

Trudy made some coffee and her goddaughter some tea, the quiet between the father and daughter felt tense. Hank was still in shock and trying to process it, Jordan was still terrified more after she told her father. She didn't know if he would support whatever decision she'd make.

"I'm sorry daddy, I can't help but feel like I betrayed you. I betrayed you, I disappointed you. I failed you" She started, feeling the tears in her eyes again.

The older father reached out, taking her hand. "You never betrayed, disappointed, or failed me. You made a mistake, you're human, you make mistakes and you learn from them. We will work this out but this has to be a decision only you can make, you and Kyle together and once you both make a decision that's it. If you choose to keep the baby it'll be yours and his responsibility, I'm not saying I won't help you I'll help as much as i can but ultimately it's on you and him to take care of that baby. If you wanna do adoption, I can help you look into that but sweetheart once you and Kyle sign those papers legally it won't be your baby anymore it'll be the adoptive parents baby. You both have to come up with a solution that'll benefit the baby"

She wiped her eyes. "Kyle wants to keep the baby, he thinks me and him can raise the baby but I don't know. I just don't know. I wanna do the right thing but I don't know what that is. I know that this baby deserves two responsible people to love and take care of it. If I did consider adoption, I could talk to Matt and Gabby. They've wanted a baby for so long. We know and trust them, they'd be great parents, we could still see the baby and be involved in their life"

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"Thanks dad but, I'd rather do it myself"

"If you're sure sweetheart, I don't mind"

"It's ok really"

"Alright. And no matter what you decide I'll support you no matter what"

She got up and hugged him. "Thank you daddy"

The older father simply wrapped his arms around her, kissing her head. "I'll always be here for you sweetheart. Always"

Before the father and daughter left, Hank had hugged his friend for helping his daughter. Trudy hugged him and then her goddaughter. The father and daughter headed home for the evening, Jordan gave a sideway glance to her father.

"You went and saw Kyle, didn't you?" Her voice was soft.

"We talked yes. He's committed to helping you and wanting to raise the baby, he even bought baby stuff. He wants to change and do right by this baby. I'm not happy at the fact you two did what you did but it happened and all we have to do is move on from it"

"Don't blame Kyle, it's just as much my fault as his. I made the first move, it's fuzzy but I remember kissing him first. I started it not Kyle, if you wanna blame anyone blame me. I led him on, I didn't tell him no. I let it happen"

Hank slightly cringed but let her talk it out. He still couldn't imagine or picture his daughter doing anything that way. It was still hard to digest. He wanted to fully blame Kyle but his daughter did have a part to play in it and she owned up to it and took responsibility. So he couldn't fully blame the young informant. All they could do was try to accept it and move on.

The following morning Jordan had gone to 51 to see Matt and Gabby, thankfully she didn't have to worry about school. She kept her hands on her stomach as if she was trying to shield and protect it. As she walked it started raining and she pulled her hood over her head.

After what seemed like forever she made it to the firehouse and walked in brushing and wiping off the rain. Kelly had seen the young teen and went over to her.