chapter eight: i'll find you in the morning sun

A/N: Happy New Year! Finally got this finished! It's 7

A/N: Happy New Year! Finally got this finished! It's 7.7k words of smut and softness and I think I'm happy with how it turned out! I have just finished the smut at 2am though, so it might get a little edit later in the morning.

Please don't forget to vote and comment, it means to world to see people's thoughts and know you're enjoying the story!

Warnings: smut, oral sex (female receiving), fingering, p in v sex, belly bulge, size kink(ish but not really), praise, soft Bucky being soft.

__________

The moment is almost too perfect. A tableau of the life he's always wanted. He's used to waking up beside women and men alike, but something about having Rosie in his bed and how completely normal spending the morning waking up like this feels has his lips twitching into a sleepy smile. It helps that the scent of her vanilla and sandalwood perfume is all over his sheets and he almost crumbles at the image of her spread out over his side of the bed, face buried in his pillow while he was away.

Alpine, in all her sneaky ways, has somehow made it back into his bedroom during the night and is now curled up at their feet — their feet that are hooked around one another under the covers. Because they fell asleep cuddling last night and Bucky has never woken up feeling so rested. Rosie is still curled into his side, her hand resting on his chest and her leg hitched up over his.

Bucky peers down at her sleeping form with pure adoration. Her long eyelashes kiss her cheeks as she breathes out softly and a quiet hum leaves her lips. His body reacts to the sight in three ways — firstly, his heart clenches, Rosie's clutch on him tightening, softening him in the process. Secondly, his stomach swoops —understandable, it does that a lot when she's around and almost every time he feels like a teenager with a crush. Thirdly, and the one he really hopes Rosie hasn't noticed, his cock perks up. The tent forming in his briefs becomes obvious under the sheets and Bucky winces as Rosie shifts, coming dangerously close to resting her thigh right over his throbbing length. He's just glad they're not spooning. God knows how his body would react to his cock being pressed against her ass.

Looking at her, Bucky would think Rosie is still sound asleep, but the hot hands meandering over the expanse of his chest tell a different story. Her fingertips are soft with each brush over his skin and when he glances at Rosie's face once more, there's a tiny tug at the corner of her lips, as if she's trying really hard not to smile. Bucky's body shakes beneath her palms as he chuckles and Rosie groans as her eyes flutter open, knowing she's been caught out. Not that she was doing a very good job of being sneaky anyway. She could never be a spy, Bucky decides.

"Gotcha," he whispers, grinning down at her as she finally meets his gaze. He presses a kiss into her hair, mumbling a quiet 'mornin' kitten' as he does.

"Mmm, morning." She shifts, curling into him just a tad more and oh, yep... she's definitely made contact.

"How did you sleep?" Bucky asks, trying — and failing — to keep his voice steady.