Chapter 11

As we sat down,I felt so bad and just wanted to run out of the restaurant.

This has never happened before and I can't believe he actually did that.

I looked over at Lyla and she looked sad but also really angry so I decided to give her some time.

Evan walked out and looked our way.

Lyla almost got up but I stopped her and held my arm around her.

"It's not worth it sis. Just let him go. He was never good for you" I said.

She sighed as she sat back down and layed her head on my shoulder.

I watched other people around us as we waited for our food to come out.

Somehow I had forgotten all about the food and just wanted to leave this place.

Gabriel didn't look any better than Lyla and I.

I noticed he was more angry and constantly watching everyone in a way that made me feel like we were in danger.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I said.

He looked at me then looked down at Lyla and shook his head.

I moved my head slightly to look at her face and I noticed her eyes were closed.

He pointed to his phone and I realized he was trying to tell me to check my phone.

As I did,I saw a lot of messages and missed calls from my friends back home and I decided to leave it alone for now.

Then I saw Gabriel's text.

'He's watching us. I don't know if you can see him or not but I see him hiding behind people in the back'.

I felt my blood boil once again and tried to control it by not looking towards where he said.

I shook my head and put my phone down.

I saw someone coming towards us with our food and I tapped Lyla lightly to sit up.

She looked around confused then realized we were still here,and for a second,she looked incredibly sad.

The guy sat the food down onto he table and as he did,I just happened to look up and see Evan walking towards us with 3 other men.

I looked at Gabriel and he looked worse than he did before.

He clicked something on his phone in a rush and I started to panic.

Once the waiter was gone Evan sat down next to Gabriel and the other 3 stood on both sides of the booth so we couldn't get out unless they moved.

"Look. Lyla I know you don't like what I did but I'm just going to be honest now since it doesn't really matter anymore. I've been cheating on you for a while now and if you don't want your family to be in a way worse situation than they are now,I suggest we continue this relationship and move past it. We can both see other people but under certain circumstances and I must know who you choose. If you violate any of the terms of this agreement...your family will pay for it" he said.

He slid her a piece of paper with writing,a red logo of some kind and a pen.

The amount of rage that came across my body,was almost unrecognizable.

Lyla looked down at the paper and I could see tears start to build up in her eyes as she read everything on it then signed it.

"Thank you. That wasn't so hard was it. Oh and one more thing,if anyone else finds out about this..it will be worse than what I have planned for your family. So don't test me" he said.

He took it from her and smiled at us then got up and left as the other men followed right behind him.

I hugged Lyla tight as Gabriel got up and waved someone over to pay the bill.

I have never been this angry before.

When it was our house I was really upset but I understand things happen all of the time.

But this? This is my sister. And Evan is going to be the only one paying for anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got to the vehicle,Gabriel didn't bother putting on blindfolds.

We got in and he stayed quiet the whole time,just staring out of the window.

I wondered what he was thinking and I tried my best not to say anything.

Lyla looked so tired and drained.

How did she even get into this in the first place?

We drove for a while and it didn't feel normal.

There were no bumpy rocks and I didn't hear the same sounds as I usually did.

It was way too dark now for me to see much of anything but I just felt like something wasn't right.

We stopped in front of a house and 2 men came to the vehicle and opened the doors.

I was about to step out but Gabriel stopped me with his arm.

"Your family is inside. These men will take you both to them and I will come back whenever I finish with my business. For now neither of you answer your phones and make sure to turn them all the way off" he said.

"Okay. But be safe. I know it's your job but sometimes you have to take care of yourself too you know. You can't always do for other people if you aren't doing for yourself" I said.

He smiled and tapped the side of his belt.

"Always" he said.

We both nodded and made our way out and straight into the house.

One of the guys walked ahead of us as the other one walked behind us,but I still didn't feel completely safe.

All of the lights were off but there was a small lamp light on the porch and the man who was in front of us picked it up and carried it with us as we all walked inside.

Mom,dad and our brothers were sitting in a circle in the middle of the living room floor and once they saw us mom sighed.

"Are you two Alright?" She said.

We walked over and sat next to her and Lyla put her head in moms lap and cried.

Mom rubber her back and I could tell they all knew what was going on.

But my biggest question was if they knew how she got herself into this or not.

"It's okay sweetie. Everything will be just fine. He won't get away with this and we will make sure of it" mom said.

Dad and our brothers looked around and I could tell there was something else going on.

"Why are we here? What's going on?" I asked.

Moms hand on Lyla's back slowed down a bit and her and dad looked at eachother.

"Mom? Dad? What is it?" I asked.

Dad looked down the hallway at the other men and nodded. They both went into another room and came out with someone stumbling and with a cloth over their head.

They say the person down next to dad and tightened the rope that was holding their hands behind the persons back.

One of the men took the cloth off of the persons head and I felt sick to my stomach.

"Kason here. Is Evans little brother. And it's come to our attention that they both have been planning to hurt our family. Care to tell us why that is Kason?" Dad said angrily.

Kason looked down and then looked up at me.

I couldn't breathe properly as so many thoughts ran through my mind.

"Because your mother is also my mother".