Chapter 26

The guy kept walking towards us,but stopped when he got next to the lady on the floor and looked down.

"Oh yeah. Speaking of her,did you two ever kiss or do anything..like that?" I asked Gabriel.

He shook his head no quickly and looked disgusted.

"Absolutely not. The most we've done was kissed each others cheeks around our parents to make it believable. That's it. We had to share a room after we got married but she was always on the bed and I would be on the couch" he said.

I nodded and we watched Ryder and Lyla giggle and talk in low voices.

"They're so cute. But he better not hurt her" I said.

"Yeah. But I don't have any control over him nor his brother. That's my dad's thing" Gabriel said.

I turned around to face him and looked into his eyes.

"What are we doing? I'm not going to just-"

"Yeah I know. You're not going to just up and leave your family. I know" he said.

"So why would you bring it up to us like that? And why did your dad say you weren't asking? Things like that don't just come out of nowhere. There is some type of plan or something going on here and you know I'm not clueless so tell me what it is or just leave us alone" I said.

"Okay you know what I'm just going to tell you this now. My dad and I need help with the company and we need your family's skills for it. I didn't think you'd want to come with me after I left the way I did so I had Paul watch you and protect you for me until I found the right time to come to you about it. I thought it would be in a different way but parts of the plan had to get changed and before I knew it things went left" he said.

That made no sense.

"Gabriel. Do you think we're idiots?" Lyla asked.

I laughed again and this time wasn't like the other times.

This time,I wanted to punch him again.

He looked at her confused and then Paul stood up as if he was scared.

I turned around and spun my body in a circle until I started to feel dizzy.

It's been something that's kept me calm for a few months.

Once I got dizzy enough,I slowly layed on the floor and looked up at him.

He reached out his hands towards me and tried to pick me up but I slapped his hands away.

He looked hurt but I didn't care.

"Gabriel did you think we would actually believe that stupidness? If that was true,you would have no reason to punch your brother the way you did" Lyla said.

Ryder slowly slid his hand down to his weapon in his pocket and made sure to stay ready.

Gabriel sighed and the woman on the floor started making sounds and mumbling something.

And she's up now.

Just great.

"You know what? I don't even want to know. There's no point in you trying to tell me what's the truth now because it's just you to be more lies coming from you. I give up Gabriel. And I'm going to tell you something now. I want you to leave my family and I alone. For good" I said.

Lyla came over and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Camilla-"

"Hold on Lyla. Yes,this is going to hurt me and yes I know it's going to hurt you or at least I think it might. But at this point I don't care. You don't care about lying to me day and night and making me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I cannot and will not have someone around me who's a constant liar and that's all you do. Don't text me,don't call me. I'm done with you" I said.

Before he could reply I turned to Lyla,she handed me my phone and I ran as fast as I could outside and down the stairs.

I heard someone calling my name but I didn't turn back.

I just wanted to leave this whole city now.

There was a couple blocking the door,kissing and I couldn't help but feel slightly sick to my stomach.

I tried my best not to cry as I made my way back to the car.

I got in and sat in the drivers seat.

I hate this.

I hate this feeling of always wanting him no matter what he does.

I hate that he doesn't care about hurting me.

But from now on,he won't be able to do it anymore.

I scrolled through every app where I had pictures and videos of us and deleted them all.

I deleted his number out of phone and deleted all of my messages to other people about how much I loved him.

I didn't want to see him nor hear anything about him again.

I heard a knock on the door and saw Lyla and Ryder.

She pulled on the door handle and I realized I locked it coming in.

I unlocked it and they both got in quickly.

"Sis are you sure that was a good idea? I feel like we should have listened to him. Maybe you're right,he could have lied again. But he's up there crying,yelling and throwing things because you left him. Now I don't know as much about him as you do but what I can see if he really does love you. How do you know lying isn't his way of keeping you safe?" Lyla said.

I thought for a few seconds and I realize she was right.

"Lyla..okay. Maybe so. But I'm tired of him making me feel like I can trust him just for it to feel like deja vu all over again. That really scared me and I would have never thought he'd be that way. Ever. So it's going to be hard for me to want to talk to him or listen to him after all of that just keeps happening non stop" I said.

She sighed and looked at Ryder in the back seat.

"Okay. How about this. Ryder can go get him and you two can talk in here with us? Cam I know you don't want to do this but we might bein more danger than we think. I just want to figure it out before it's too late" she said.

I wined and rubbed my face with my hands.

"Okay" I said.

Ryder nodded at Lyla and got out of the car.

"I'm only doing this for you all. If it was up to me I would have kicked his lying butt and moved on with my life. But if he says something else that doesn't make any sense,I'm going to make it known" I said.

"Okay. Just please don't let him get to you too much before we find out what we need to" she said.

I nodded and she put her hand on mine in my lap.

We sat there for a few minutes in silence before we saw them coming this way.

Here we go again.

They got halfway to the car,befoe Ali came and slappped Gabriel.

Lyla and I quickly exited the car and ran over to them.

"Ali what are you doing!?" Lyla asked.

"This is the man I told you about who cheated on me then ghosted me 2 months ago!" She yelled.

I smiled.

Full of rage.

That's it.