11

Another day, another dud.

The pilots are up in the air for an exercise, another one where their performance isn't up to par.

Whiskey is constantly getting tagged out, again and again, and again.

She can't focus.

She can't get her head in the game.

She tries her best to escape, to fly away from the Captain, but he tags her with ease.

" That's a kill. You're out Whiskey."

Whiskey lands back on the ground and hops out of her plane. She removes her helmet to reveal her disheveled hair sticking to the sweaty skin of her face. She's dismissed for the day and goes to the one place where she can be alone and let out her frustration.

Evie heads to the gym on base, getting out of her flight suit and playing some music over the speakers, then wraps up her fists as she steps in front of the bag.

She lands punch after punch as the music of Joan Jett gives her even more adrenaline. With each punch comes a struggle in her life.

Punch.

Her weak performance in the air.

Punch.

Seeing her ex at the bar.

Punch.

Jake's cocky attitude.

Punch.

Her sister's annoying fiance.

Punch.

Bradley fucking Bradshaw.

She and Bradley have been texting back and forth, but when it comes to training, they're basically strangers. Too focused on the mission to exchange words with one another.

And she hates it.

She hates how eager she is to receive his texts.

She hates how she smiles whenever she sees the little bubble pop up.

She hates how she'll stay up late and avoid sleep just to text him for a little bit longer.

She feels like a teenager all over again and dear god, she hates it.

With one grueling punch, she knocks the bag back far enough to see someone standing by the door watching her. Evie holds out her hands to steady the bag as she makes direct eye contact.

" The fuck you want?" Evie questions through her pants.

" To check up on you," Bradley responds, " Though, now I'm thinking I should probably check up on the bag."

" It's fine," She shrugs as she takes a step back, readying herself for more punches, " It can't feel anything. Like me."

Bradley watches the woman land punch after punch on the poor defenseless bag, watching her toned muscles contract with every move she makes. Her bulging biceps and muscular back show just how strong she is. Strong enough to pin him down, that's for sure.

" What's going through your head?" Bradley asks as he takes a step forward, " You seemed pretty out of it today."

" Maybe I'm just on my period," Evie utters as she lands another punch.

" That explains the anger," He comments.

" Dick," She barks with yet another grueling punch.

And Evie tries to continue with her workout but finds his presence to be extremely distracting, so she steadies the bag and makes eye contact yet again.