Why Did You Do It? Ch. 26

Hey guys!

    Sorry this chapter is really short! i cut a large portion of it out and it chopped it down!!

Thanks to the above for the cute cover X)

I'll update sooooooon

okay so this is the 2nd to last chapter!!! Im debating whether or not make an epilogue so we'll see how it goes!!!

Love you all!!

Cheesehead

OMG uggggh im so so sorrry!! I cant remember who gave me this cover!! Please please please private message me so i can give you credit/dedicate it to you!! Im so sorry!

Chapter Twenty Six

          Seeing Maya’s face had been painful. Jared wanted to be like a little child again and run into his Mother’s arms, but he wasn’t a child anymore. Fortunately the security tapes in the store caught everything. They were out looking for Lisa and Ethan.

          That still didn’t make Maya feel better though. “Why are you so upset,” Jared whispered once they were in the car and driving home.

          “I thought you were turning around,” Maya muttered.

          “I am,” He told her, “I really am, but I was framed.”

          “Why were you hanging out with them?” Maya snapped.

          “Ethan asked to meet me, and then I was stuck,” Jared answered, “You know that right? Please don’t be angry with me.”

          Maya sighed loudly, and looked at him. “I’m not angry with you,” She exclaimed, “I’m glad it wasn’t you.”

          “I really am turning around,” Jared insisted.

          “I know baby,” She whispered, “I know.”

          Maya pulled into the driveway, and Jared realized right away, something was wrong. “Where’s Angie?” He asked.

          Maya looked around. “She was here when I left,” Maya told him. Once the car stopped  Jared got out and ran into the house.

          “Gela,” He called, and when she didn’t answer, he yelled, “Angie?”

          Allie came storming down the stairs, with Kate trailing behind her. “I hate you,” Allie screamed, “I’ll say it again too. I hate you!!”

          “Allie,” He sighed.

          “Stop it,” She growled, “Stop right there. Is there something wrong with you? Are you trying to destroy us? What goes on in that sick head of yours?”

          “Allie, where’s Angie?” Jared asked, grasping Allie by the shoulders, and he shook her slightly.

          “She left,” Allie screamed, ripping away from Jared. She picked up the note, and the large pile of cash. She shoved it at Jared’s chest, and hissed, “Way to ruin her life too.”

          “It wasn’t me,” Jared told her, “And I can prove it.”

          “Save it,” Allie snapped, “I’ve heard this all before.” 

          “I’m being serious,” He answered, “They caught who it really was on tape. You’re screaming at me for nothing.”

          Allie put her hands on her hips. “What?” She said, and Jared repeated himself.

          “I’m being truthful,” He insisted, “And as my sister, you have to believe me. You have to trust me and be on my side.”

          Allie just stared at her older brother. Kate stepped forward, and wiped away her tears. “I believe you,” She whispered. Allie turned around, and glared at her older sister as if Kate betrayed her.

          “Seriously?” Jared asked.

          “Yeah,” She answered, “But you have one chance. You better not mess it up.”

          Jared smiled, and grabbed his sister in his arms. He kissed her face, until he got her laughing. Then he pulled away, and said, “Now let’s get Angie back. Where did she go? And why did she leave?”

          “Read the note,” Allie said stiffly.

          Jared looked at her, and gave her a small smile. “I still love you, ya know?” He smiled, and Allie rolled her eyes. He looked down at the note, and read:

Jared~

        You promised. I’m going home and this time I refuse to come back. Maya, Kate and Allie I hope everything goes well. I left some money to make sure everything is covered…think of it as my rent….

All my love,

Angela Nicolson

          Jared looked up from the letter, and sighed. “Are you going to go after her?” Kate asked.

          “Yeah, I am,” He muttered, and then ran up the stairs. Once he was in his room, he changed into something fresh, and grabbed his wallet. On his way out, he noticed the necklace. Jared couldn’t help but smile. He grabbed the necklace, and then raced down the stairs.

          Kate held out the car keys. “How’re you going to catch her?” She asked, “She’s probably half way there by now.”

          Jared sighed, and then looked at the phone. He picked it up, and dialed 911. “Hi, can I speak with Officer Ridly?” Jared asked.

          “Is there an emergency?” The person on the other line asked.

          “Please I need to talk with him,” Jared begged, “We won’t be long. I promise.”

          “Please hold,” The person sighed. Jared was sighed loudly, and looked up at the ceiling.

          “Hello?” A familiar voice asked.

          “Officer Ridly?” Jared asked, “Its Jared Shay. I need your help.”

          “What is it?” Ridly questioned.

          “You know it wasn’t me right?” Jared clarified, “That I was framed? Well I need your help. I need it badly, and I need you here fast.”

          “What’re you playing at Shay?” Ridly growled.

          “You remember that girl I was with? The girl I drew the picture of,” Jared explained.

          “Pretty lady?” Ridly clarified.

          “Yes,” Jared sighed, “And she left. I need to get her back, and I need your help. Are you willing to help me?”

          There was silence on the other line, but Jared knew he was still there. Jared waited patiently, because he really did need Officer Ridly’s help. When the Officer wouldn’t answer, Jared pressed, “Well?”

          “Alright,” Ridly sighed, “But this better be a good plan.”

          “Great,” Jared cheered, “This is what we’re going to do…” And then Jared explained his plan to the officer.