five

It was two weeks since the incident at The Green. Beau had gone to school, and avoided Cecilia and Britney as much as they had avoided her.

Beau was confused, in shock, and terrified of what had happened to her. How could her hair have turned this color? As much as she tried to wash it off, no trace of purple came off from her hair. And the substance that was in the lake...

She had no idea what is was, but it wasn't anything natural.

She had to go home the day of the incident telling her parents that she had spontaneously dyed her hair that day, and they believed her. They didn't know her at all. Beau was generally an embittered person, because her parents didn't care much for her. Obviously, they would never admit this, but she knew it.

In middle school when everyone started sports, and she didn't, she figured it out. Because she wasn't the poster child of academic and athletic excellence like the children of her parent's friends, she was a disappointment. Beau liked other things, like history and geography, not sports. This came as a surprise to her parents, but they couldn't do anything. She was an only child, and her parents were too old to have another child, so she really had ruined their only chance. Not only that, but now she was also the freak with the purple hair.

...

Beau sat at a lunch table, alone. She was eating her sandwich and writing in her notebook. A group of jocks and cheerleaders came up to her. Cecilia and Britney would have been with them, but she saw them at another lunch table. When they made eye contact, Cecilia averted her eyes to her lunch tray.

Beau did the same, looking at her journal and continued to write.

"Haha, it looks like Ursula shit on you!"

Beau ignored the musty, overfed boy, and she took a bite of her sandwich.

"Hey," he said, slamming his hand on the table in front of Beau. "Ursula probably took a big, fat, dump on your-"

"Will you shut up?" She said in monotone.

The other boys oooh-ed and the guy scoffed.

Unexpectedly, and before Beau could react, her notebook was snatched from her hands.

"Hey!-" She protested, and the girl that had her notebook laughed.

"What are you writing, poetry?" she mocked, and then gasped in humor.

"Ode To Ezra?!" She laughed, and the others did as well. "That preppy loser with black hair?"

Beau was fuming and beyond embarrassed.

I wish I could disappear. God please just let me dissolve into the air or get flung straight into space please I don't want to be here

Then, all the bullies started screaming and shouting out.

"Look! She's gone! She's gone ! She just disappeared!"

"She fucking dissapeared!"

Beau outstretched her arms, looking at them. They were there but they were... faded. See through.

What are you talking about? I'm right here!

"She's invisible!"

Beau grabbed her stuff, including her notebook still in one of the cheerleader's hands. The girl shrieked when it was taken from her grip.

Beau ran to the nearest bathroom, Looking at herself in the mirror as soon as she went in.

She wasn't there. She was invisible.

She shrieked, shutting her eyes.

Go back go back go back please fuck I don't want to be invisible

She slowly opened her eyes, looking at her hands. She was in full color. She looked at herself in the mirror and she was there. she exhaled, calming herself.

ok, so I can control it.

She realized that going back in there in front of all the people that saw her wasn't the smartest thing to do, so she decided to turn invisible again. She realized all she had to do was just... think it. It was weird. It wasn't natural. But it was her, now.

She collected her stuff and ran out, until she realized that no one could see her.

duh, you're invisible!

She walked out of the school close behind someone, so that it didn't look like a door opened on its own. Walking home, it all hit her.

how the fuck am i supposed to deal with this?