four

x

Beau shouted, the water engulfing her screams.

OK, so I'm going to die today. This is how it's going to happen.

Suddenly, she felt her head being pulled back up, and she gasped for air.

"Say you're sorry! Apologize to me!"

Beau looked at Cecilia through the corner of her eye, coughing.

"Fuck you, you witch! I hope you burn in hell-" Beau was interrupted when her head was pushed into the water.

On the side, Britney, who was still clutching Beau's phone, breathed out nervously.

"Cecilia, maybe we should stop... I think she learned her lesson, don't you?"

"Oh shut up, Britney! You're not helping! It's too late to turn back now, she gonna rat on us if we let her go!"

Beau was beginning to lose consciousness, and she was feeling lightheaded.
Suddenly, she saw something ooze out of the bottom of the pond. A purple substance. It looked like when you put dye in water, how it disperses itself, and mixes gracefully.

Suddenly, the substance shot into Beau's mouth.

She felt her body tingling, then that was replaced by a burning sensation. She felt like her body was on fire. She screamed, and her body shook.

"What the-" Cecilia said.

"OW!" she yelled, pulling back her hand from its grasp on Beau:s neck.

"She burned me, it's l-like she's on fire!" Cecilia crawled back, letting go of Beau.

She slipped farther into the pond, floating face-down. Beau's vision went black.

"Holy shit Cecilia, look!" Britney said, pointing at Beau.

Her body glowed purple, and her hair was changing colors. It started to turn lavender at her roots, then gradually to the tips.

Cecilia shrieked, and started to run. Britney followed her, still clutching Beau's phone.

They ran, wherever they could, until they realized they were lost.

Beau lifted her head from the water, her vision regained. She coughed, crawling out of the pond. She felt her body begin to shake, and she dug her fingers into the damp earth.

Something radiated off of her, and she felt stinging once again. Beau groaned in pain, and then something came from her. Like an explosion. It shook the ground, and she cried out in pain. It knocked Cecilia and Britney down, and they both looked at each other in fear as they got up on their feet and ran.

Beau was on all fours now, shaking with pain and cold, and it wasn't until then that she realized the hair on her arms was... Purple. A lilac color, to be precise. She was in shock, and she looked at her hair. Her once chocolate brown hair was now lavender. Her breathing got heavier, and she fell back on her bottom.

She let out a scream, that Cecilia and Britney heard as they were running out of The Green.

x

the picture I attached was from a lab experiment I did in school, and it looked a LOT like what I imagine the substance in the pond looks like. it'd just be a more purpley color but !! that's what I mean by "disperses" etc :-)