eight

Beau was being trained by agents at the facility. She had gotten every single medical test possible, it seemed, and her results came back slowly.

There was so much shit that Fury explained to her about her... condition, that she could not understand. They had found out that the substance in the lake was rejected Hydra technology. Fury had showed her past experiments from it, and most of the lab rats Hydra had experimented on either died or got majorly fucked up by the experiment.
They still didn't know what the substance was and how she survived its effects, but they did know that it gave her the ability to turn invisible, create a shield around herself, and now, spew what Fury called "energy" from her hands.

Oh yeah, she found another power. She was training with an agent, learning hand to hand combat, when the trainer had her pinned down, her knee on Beau's hand, the other being held down by her arm. "You can get out of this!" the agent encouraged, and Beau was infuriated by the fact that she couldn't. There was no way out of this position, and she knew her trainer was just taunting her. She wanted to burn her knee, and apparently, she did.

"OW!" Her trainer jumped off, holding her leg to her chest. There was a hole burned in her pants, where her knee was. Her knee, now uncovered, was red and swollen. "Did you burn me?!"
"How?!" Beau was astounded. They called in Fury and he urged Beau to do what she had done. After some attempts to do something she didn't even know how she did, finally, she was able to do it again. She held her hand out, fingers outstretched, and a glowing purple liquid came out of her hand, floating gracefully in the air. Same color as her shield. She realized that this is what the substance looked like in the lake.
It floated in her hand for a few seconds, and she moved her fingers around, forming the energy into different shapes. Then, she flung it at a wall with a flick of her index finger. They all ran to the wall, examining it. It was burned black, smoke coming from it.
"So..." Fury said.

"So...?" Beau inquired.

"This might mean you're completely invincible."

aaah yes I finally updated. sorry for taking so long, and thank u for ur patience (whoever is reading this, if anyone still is) 🙏💖 hopefully I can update soon and I will drag myself to do it bc this shot has a LOT of reads. like damn. thank u