Chapter 6: Bipolar

I wake up to find myself in bed. I then remember the nightmare I had just had. My head was throbbing and I was still shaken up. It was the most horrifically vivid nightmare I've ever had. I was still on my side, so I was facing the nightstand and the door. I take a few deep breaths as the dream really fucked up my mood. I turn around, expecting to see Miles fast asleep with me, but no. The bed was empty. I assume he got up to have breakfast, but looking at the clock next to me, it was 6 a.m. and we have breakfast at 8. In that case, he probably just went back to his room.

I get up from my bed, change into a shirt and pants, and then walk out of my room. I see Miles' door slightly open, for the first time. I then walk towards his door and take a slight peek before preparing to knock. My eyes scan across the room, unable to see him. So I open the door wide only to see Miles panting, holding his drumsticks, looking down and sitting down at his drum set.

"...Miles?"

He doesn't react.

"Miles..."

A few seconds pass before he turns his head to me.

"Leave"

"What?"

"Leave"

"Why??"

"Just GO!" he yells out in anger.

I immediately close the door and leave in shock. My head is now against his door outside. What the fuck? I feel like crying. Did Miles really just yell at me like that? Why?

I stand out there for a good minute, trying to process what had just happened, before deciding to walk out of the hallway. While walking down the stairs, I see Flora playing with the handle.

"Hey, Flora" I smile at her, covering up the fact that I was having a horrible day.

"Hey, y/n!!" she beams at me.

"So.. what's up?" I ask.

"Just boreddddd"

"Aww"

"What are you gonna do?" she asks me.

"Not sure... any part of the house I haven't explored yet?"

Flora laughs. "Hmmm... have you been to the pond?"

"Pond?" I ask.

"Yea! It has a bunch of pretty fish there"

"Oh, okay! I'll look for it!"

"Okie, dokie!" she says before running past me.

I could use sitting at a pond right now to clear up my thoughts. Everything has been so overwhelming lately. I walk down the stairs, exit the house, and begin to search around for the pond. I finally see it behind some bushes. I walk, take a seat, and see all the fish swimming around. I take a random stick that was next to me and poke around at the water, not at the fish though, of course. I think of everything. Miles, Mrs Grose, Flora, Mom, and even back at home. Nothing was feeling real. Living in a dark and spooky castle that has kids with no parents, one of the kids being a moody and mysterious teenage boy that can be flirtatious without realizing it at times because of his lack of interaction with women throughout his life. And Flora, being the complete opposite of her brother - bubbly, lively and loved everything around her to death. Why is my life so weird? Why is it so different from everyone else?

Moments pass of my thoughts filling up my mind before I hear some footsteps. I don't turn around though. I then see the figure sit down next to me at the pond, taking a stick and beginning to pock around, but this time at the fish. Out of the corner of my eye, I realize that it was Miles. He's in a coat and long pants.