𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝙰𝙼

【 𝙱𝙻𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙴'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅】𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟼, 𝟽:𝟹𝟺 𝚙𝚖

【 𝙱𝙻𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙴'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅】𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟼, 𝟽:𝟹𝟺 𝚙𝚖. 𝙱𝙰𝚄

Aaron and I follow the team into the bullpen, go-bags in hands and over shoulders as we just landed. My boyfriend leads me up to his office but before we can head inside, Penny walks toward us, a beaming smile on her face and a vase of orange roses in her hands.

"I have a delivery for the beautiful Dr Thorne," She hands me the vase and I grin up at Aaron, pulling him down for a kiss.

"Thank you, querido, I love them," I kiss his cheek but when I pull back, he isn't smiling.

"I... I didn't buy those," Aaron informs me and I look down at the vase confused, my excitement dissipating.

"Did the person who sent it leave anything?" I ask, looking at the flowers in my hands, "A card or a return address or something of the sort?"

"Address? No. But there is a card at the top of the vase on the front there," Penny points at the vase and I tilt it up a little, seeing the card taped to the top edge and taking it off, holding the flowers in one arm while I open the little card.

"Seven AM?" I read out what is written on the card, the two short words confusing me a great deal as I look up at my boyfriend, "What the hell does that mean?"

"No clue..." Aaron shakes his head before turning to Penelope, "Garcia can you give us a moment?"

"Sure," She nods, turning around and hurrying down to the others while my boyfriend looks back at me.

"Do you think they're from him?" I ask, getting more anxious the longer I stare at the bouquet.

"I don't know who else they could be from. And the note, 'Seven AM.', probably holds significance with him. You two could have crossed paths at that time or you could have spoken to him or even just looked in his direction," Aaron explains, beginning to play with my hair. I just hum in response, trying to think back, "He also clearly has an understanding of flower meanings seeing as he gave you ones that signify desire."

I look up at him, "I have a book on flower meanings on my nightstand. He must have looked through it when he was..." I can't bring myself to finish the sentence, finding it a bit hard to breathe. A sharp pain rips through my sternum, feeling as if someone's trying to pry it open.

"When he was in your apartment?" Aaron finishes, reaching out to take the flowers from me, "I'll deal with these, okay? You wait right here." I let him take them, watching while he walks down through the bullpen to the kitchenette. He pulls out the card, and then the flowers before tipping the water down the sink and throwing the roses in the trash. Rinsing out the vase, he dries it and grabs the card, sliding the small card into his back pocket, walking back up to me, "Do you want to keep the vase? It's quite nice." I shake my head and he shrugs. "Maybe Garcia will like it. Oh well, we'll figure it out later." Aaron deposits it in his office for the time being before rejoining me once again, offering his arm to me. "Shall we, my love?"