002. a sense of familiarity

Just like suspected, Sky woke up at the exact time a streak of sunlight hit his face. He had mumbled a few curses and pulled the blanket off his body. He glanced over his roommate, to see him snoring lightly. He shook his head, remembering occasional fights between them on whether he snores or not? Of course, Riven could never say that he snores. Sky had even considered recording his best friend snoring but felt as if it was an invasion of privacy.

He walked to their joint bathroom, kicking the door open slightly with his foot. Upon entering, he immediately snatched the toothbrush and brushed his teeth. As he washed his hands; he stared at the mirror, seeing a tint of gold pass through them quickly as if he had blinked, he wouldn't have seen it. He frowned in response, clearly taken back by it. As if his life was in danger, he dashed out of the bathroom, picked up his bag and ran off leaving a now awake and confused Riven, who had muttered what the fuck?

He sprinted towards the lake at the near end of Alfea and looked around as if he was searching for something. He knelt down to take out his sword from the case, when he realised the danger he was putting his life in. "Looking for me?" a voice had asked him, leaving his body frozen. He stood up, straight and turned to face his biggest regret. Her.

She stood there smiling, when Sky had yelled, "What kind of fairy shit did you pull on me?" leaving her quite amused. "Oh you know, the quite basic 'sleeping one' but believe me, I had to do it otherwise how would you know that I was in town?" she had replied with a smirk dancing on her mouth, the one which he had kissed repeatedly.

"Stop fucking with me, aster. You left." sky had stated with venom laced on his words. "You did." he had yelled in frustration, pointing his fingers at her. Aster looked at him, seeing the usually kept together sky on the verge of breaking down. She hated that sight. She really did but he couldn't know that. Not now at least.

"Keep your shit together, sky. I'm not here for you. Mother sent me to practice a new magic, I have come across." she had retorted, recalling the words her mother had told her but aster wasn't stupid. Years ago, yes she was but that was when she was hardly a teenager.

"So you're still doing whatever dearest mother says?" he had hissed at her. Aster clenched his Jaws and she was pretty sure, her eyes had turned golden not because she was angry at him. No, it was because he was right. Here she was, a powerful mind and fire fairy following every little order her mother gave. "But whatever you do, keep me and my friends away from your shit!" he had sneered at her; walking away, telling her exactly how he felt about her. He hated her.