𝟏𝟏| 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐍

【 🅼🅸🅽🅴】𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

【 🅼🅸🅽🅴】
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

A few days passed since the aftermath of Muzan's previous lesson and you hadn't seen him since.

Just like the first lesson, he had disappeared as if he had never been there in the first place.

It seemed to be a habit of his.

What he did leave behind was a bunch of books along with instructions to Chiyo about teaching you how to read.

You felt it extremely unnecessary.

When you had said you didn't know how to read you meant the difficult content-not base level. Learning was a bother but you silently took the education.

You looked out into the distance from the balcony and sighed. This place had become somewhat of a safe space for you. You liked the manor a lot. It was beginning to feel less foreign to you than before.

You watched the calming setting for several moments before you caught a sight of something in the distance.

"Muzan?"

From below at a distance you saw a suited man walking towards the manor.

"I'm over here."

You jumped.

You turned around to see him behind you.

You looked back over to see the suited man that was walking was gone. You felt chills run down your spine at how fast he had travelled here.

Your nerves calmed a second later and you gave a slight bow. You raised your head and he was content you didn't try to walk over and hug him as you did last time.

"Why do you always leave after your lessons?"

Muzan was taken aback at how you decided to start a conversation.

"I'm busy," he spoke, "have you begun reading the books I left you?"

"Yes," you spoke, "a few of them."

"..."

"I have other things I need to attend to," Muzan said, "I didn't come to visit you."

You watched him pass you by but as he left you sensed something was off.

"Are you upset?"

His feet stopped.

The wind blew through the luscious air as you stared at him in anticipation.

He didn't answer you but he didn't continue walking either.

It was just as you had expected.

"I promise I'll have all the reading done by the next time you come to visit."

He turned around his violent red eyes showing his displeasure. Did you think he was upset because of the books? You were wrong.

He was upset because of matters that had nothing to do with you. Still, your words bothered him.

"Don't claim something if you can't do (Y/N). I've had enough false promises already."

"I'm not."

His head turned to see yours questioning your integrity.

You gave a blank stare, "You don't have to worry. I'll have it done."

"I'm not worried," he corrected, "I know you'll succeed if you want to. I've seen you when you're focused."

"Why are you upset?"

"Because I'm busy."

"You're a demon right?"

Muzan looked away from you, "That's correct."

"And there are many other demons around you?"

"Correct."

"Then why can't you get other people to do your work for you...you don't have to be busy all the time."

"I can't depend on anyone other than myself."

"No one?"

"No one. They're all incompetent."

His words were cold. His demeanour was cold.

He was speaking from experience. His disappointment of others had only built up over the years.

You bit your lip, debating whether or not to speak the words you wanted to say.

"Muzan-sama."

"Yes."

"Isn't that difficult ?"

Muzan stood still. Difficult? He had never seen it that way.

"There are things that need to be done."

"But isn't it frustrating...having to do things alone all the time?"

"It is."

"I see..."

You smiled at him, "If you ever feel exhausted you can come to me. I'm here."

Muzan didn't take your words very seriously until he turned to look at you.

Your eyes. The warmth in your eyes was binding, the eye contact you gave him forcing all his attention.

You were dead serious. You really did want to comfort him.

As your eyes looked at him with such conviction, Muzan felt something.

He had never realized, but for the first time, you looked somewhat pretty to him.

He fell silent a moment.

Had you always been pretty? Was it his imagination?

Your eyes were gleaming, your hair was flowing in the wind, the pink tint on your lips shined in the moonlight, all as you watched him contently.

Your eyes looked at him with such admiration, with a warmth that wanted to melt him whole.

His entire body seemed to flip-flop.

What had you just done?

His chest felt tight.

What was this feeling?

You weren't phased at it all. You continued looking up at him unaware of the sudden shift you had just caused him to feel.

"Muzan-sama."

"Yes."

"Don't overwork yourself. Stay well for me."

Muzan felt himself twist further.

It was so uncomfortable, as if a knob in him was being turned.

Here, in front of him, was someone who was genuinely concerned. There was no ulterior motive to your words. You weren't one of his demons; there was no lust for power or his favour. You were genuinely concerned-a very human like thing-and yet he could feel the effects.

Why did you care? More importantly, why did he see you differently. Why did it feel different?

He needed to leave.

He needed to be away from you.

"I'm leaving."

Before you had a chance to protest, in the blink of an eye, he had vanished from the balcony.

He was gone.

His disappearance didn't bother you too much though.

You were content. You felt you had just received another glimpse into who he actually was.