1

VOICEOVER

Four months ago, my life changed for the worst. I lost my parents which resulted in me changing for the worst. One thing happened throughout the whole aftermath which would end up changing my present and future. This is my story.

IN THE WOODS

A guy and a woman are driving in their car on a road surrounded by the woods.

"An hour's drive to hear that crap. You know, it wasn't even a band. A guy with a guitar. An hour each way", the guy complains. "He wasn't that bad", the woman exclaims. "He sounded like James Blunt", "What's wrong with that?" "We already have a James Blunt. One's all we need", "So why did you come?" "Because I love you." "Nicely done", she looks out the windscreen, "What's with all the fog?" "It'll clear in a second." "Watch out!" Suddenly the woman shouts. A man is standing in front of the car and they hit him, the man's body hits the windscreen and goes over the car, landing on the ground hard. The car swerves, the guy looks to his girlfriend, "Are you okay?" "W just hit someone! Oh my god!" "Call for help", he gets out the car, walking over to the man they hit. "Come on, come on!" The woman tries to call 911. "Please be alive!" He holds the mans hand looking at his ring, he puts his hand back down, "Oh, my god." The man wakes up, zooms up going behind the guy and biting his neck. In the car, "There's no signal! Darren!" She shouts to Darren, he doesn't answer. She gets out of the car, "Darren?" Out of nowhere, Darren's body gets dropped onto the car. She turns around and screams, turning around, she starts to run away from the car. She then gets dragged up into the sky as she screams.

AT THE GILBERT HOUSE

In the house, there is a boy in his bedroom. He is currently sitting on his bed holding a picture frame. The picture is of him, his parents, his sister and brother.

All five of them having no idea of what is about to happen.

The boy smiles sadly, placing the picture back onto his dresser.

He grabs his diary. He never had a diary before but he saw his sister using hers much more after their parents death so he thought he would give it a try and see if it helps.

"Dear diary, I have no idea how today will be and the days after but I hope they will be different. I hope the pain lessens. I don't think it will but hope is the only thing there. The way I act will say "I'm the same. I'm alright." "Yes, I will be okay. Don't worry." I won't be the sad little boy who lost his parents anymore. If I have to use a front then I will. I will start fresh, not focus on the bad. It's the only way I'll be able to stop hurting myself to rid the pain."

He looks at the scars on his wrists. He takes a deep breath and pulls down his sleeves. He grabs his bag and heads downstairs.

IN THE KITCHEN

The boy sits down at the table eating an apple.

"Toast. I can make toast." "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna", his sister says to her.

"Is there coffee?" His younger brother asks. "How about you drink water", "Fuck off."

"Hey!" Their sister says, "He started it." "Actually", he looks at him giving him a knowing look, their sister sees this understanding what he means, "You started it."
His brother gives him a glare, "Enough. No fighting."

"Your first day of school of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Jenna asks. "I'm good", my brother takes the money instead, "I'm alright." "Anything else? A number two pencil?" "Yes please so that I can stick it in Jeremy's brain", "Give me the pencil instead. I'll stick it somewhere worse", "Aw, I'm so scared", he puts his hands up pretending to be scared.