chapter 1

Word count: 576
Ellie p.o.v

I walked into "Life skills with Mrs. Williams" class,with my best friends on both of my sides on the first day of our senior year.

As we looked on the door for our seats in the classroom, we saw that we all sat close by eachother.

I sat in the back with Ashleigh and Bethany on each sides of me.

"Hi senior class of South California High School! Welcome back! So this class is full of the schools smartest seniors. This class will not be hard at all actually. We have chosen you all because we think you guys are the mature students of SC High School, to do the pen pal project!" When she said pen pal the whole class became full of anarchy with excitement filling the room.

" I will be passing around (a/n the joint) the piece of paper with school names and the country they are located in! Just put a check mark by the school you want to make a friend at!" Mrs. Williams smiled while handing me the piece of paper first.

I looked down at the list feeling the eyes of my classmates on me with such concern, as if I was writing a letter to the president.

I ended up choosing "Norwest Christian College" in Australia.

Maybe I would find someone with a cool accent, I thought as I passed the paper to Bethany.

Luke P.O.V

"Welcome back to Norwest, Seniors!" Mrs. Willis said smiling while walking in the door and shutting it behind her.

" This class will be year long. You may think that this will be a SUPER hard class, but really we only do one thing the whole year. We write letters to our pen pals as a project. All of the letters you will keep for further memories. I want you to keep them in a special place because the letters are your grade. See at the end of the year, I will count up all of the letters you have. You should have over 100 letters by the end of the year. If you have 100 or over 100 letters from your pen pals you get a 100 in the class. If you don't have 100 or over 100 letters, we will discuss it in a conference. I will NOT be reading your letters to or from your pen pals for privacy sakes. So I will just count up how many you guys have at the end of the year!" Mrs.Willis said walking back to her desk and grabbing something out of it.

" Now, Luke do the honors of choosing your pen pals school first!" She said handing the clip board to me with a slight smile.

I read over the list. I really wanted someone to talk to from a different country. Mostly, America. More specifically, California.

I want to talk to someone who is from California because that's where my friends Ashton Irwin, Michael Clifford, and Calum Hood dream to go to pursue our dreams of becoming a big band and that's where stars make it big.

Our shot is one and a million, but it's worth it to try before we get fat and old. (A/N: and my kids think I'm a joke)

I looked down the list and a school caught my eye. South California High School. California, U.S.

I quickly wrote my name beside the schools name and passed the paper to Ashton.

Authors note:

I rlly hope this didn't suck...

I promise it will get better the next time I update because that's when they write letters to eachother.

Making things clear

- I do know that Ashton did NOT go to school with them
- Pretend Calum is not dropping out
-Mikey and Luke did not like each other for awhile in real life but for the fanfics sake just push it to the side.

If you guys have anything else to ask or say... Drop a message in my messages or comment on here...

Thanks bye,

Gen