Prologue / Backstory

Attention: You do not have to read this chapter, it is a backstory chapter. It's basically Cywren as a baby, the party, the G.O.A.T... all that fun sterfz.

James' POV

It all happened so fast... there was nothing I could do.

I look at Cywren trying to wash the painful memories away. She was already a year old. Feels like just yesterday I first saw her. First held her...

"Come on Cywren, come to Daddy! You can do it!" I encourage her. After a while she finally stumbled over to me. "Look at you only a year old and already walking like a pro!" I hugged the toddler. "If only your mother could see you," I start to tear up. "Let me show you something," I pick her up. "See that? It's your mother's favorite passage. It's from the bible..."

Ten Years Later, Cywren's POV

Revelation 21:6 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end. I will give onto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water freely... Mother's favorite.

"You blinded the poor kid!" Someone yells. I stumble backwards eyes burning. I'll need glasses after this... My best friend, Amata, laughs.

"Happy birthday, Cywren! I can't believe your already ten years old! I'm so proud of yo-" my Dad was cut off by the Overseer.

"Congratulations, young lady. I don't need to tell you how special this day is, do I?" He rambles on about jobs. Then he hands me a green and gray object.

"Oh cool, a game boy!" I say excited. The Overseer just laughs.

"It's a PipBoy3000," The Overseer corrects. Dad says Jonas has a gift for me. I run into my Aunt.

"Hi Sweetie, happy birthday! Guess what I made you, a poem!" She exclaims.

"Oh wow, thanks!" I reply hugging her. I quickly say good-bye and ran down the stairs. Jonas and Dad led me into a room and gave me a... BB gun? I felt it shaking in my hands. I hated, hated  guns! I never wanted to ever  hurt anyone. They took me to a make-shift shooting range. I fired weakly at the targets, still trembling. It was pretty fun, but I didn't want to use this gun on anything else. A enormous Radroach came out of no where! I screamed out of terror and shock.

"Careful! It's a Radroach. Think you can take care of it with your BB gun?" Dad asks. WHAT?

"Stay calm," It-Vent told me "Stay calm." I fired at the Radroach, killing it...

"Amazing Job!" Jonas applauds.

"Let's get a picture together. Capture the moment." Dad says putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Smile!" Jonas says.

Six Years Later

"But Dad I'm sick!" I complain fake groaning for effect.

"Your not sick, now hurry along, Cywren." He rolls his eyes. I hear Vent whimper in my head. He hates tests, too.

"Ok, fine. Bye Dad!" I say. Walking towards the door.

"Bye Liam Neeson!" Vent says as well. Good thing Dad can't hear him.

"Bye, Cywren," He replies, returning to his work. I sigh, Butch...

"What's going on here?" I growl at Butch.

"None of your business kid, now get out," He says in his horrible, raspy, voice.

"My friend is my business!" I reply using my speech instead of fists. "Besides if you keep this up The Overseer will come down on your gang!"

"Your right, we'll come back for you later, Amata," With that they march out of the room.

"Thank you, Cywren!" Amata says.

"Your welcome, it wasn't much, though," I say with a shrug.

"Yes it was! You took them down!"  She replies. We walk into class and I gulp.

I sit down quietly.

First Question...

Three Years Later

"Cywren, Please! Wake up!" I was startled awake with a jump.

"What?" I grumble half-asleep.

"Cywren! Your Dad has left the Vault!" I was really awake now.

"What do you mea-?" She cut me off.

"Shh... the guards will hear, take this, it's my father's pistol."

"O-ok.. T-thank you," I stutter almost crying.

"Hey, it's ok, he had his reasons, but they, they killed Jonas." Now I was really crying. "Go. Be brave, Cywren." I hug her and say my good-byes as tears flow down my face.

An hour later

Authors note: So did you guys like it? My first chapter of my first book! Yay! I want to thank CynicalSolace for inspiring me to write this. Thank you sooo much Cynical! I love your books. As soon as I got my account I followed you as your 58th follower. :D Peace!